Unable to open project file in Online Editor

Dear Community Members, 

For some reason, I am unable to open my files in the Online Editor when I create a cloud project. The Online Editor button is not activated even when I select the project file(s) for translation. 

What could be the issue? I should appreciate your assistance. 

Best regards,

Luke

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Luke

Ana-Loredana may be able to give more detail, but one reason may be the type of user you have been assigned as.  With the Academic subscription, you are using Trados Team; the Academic license gives what is called the Premium Editor, which allows access to both Trados Studio and the Online Editor.  However, you have to be invited to the Trados Team platform by an administrator, who will place you in a user group.  That group will have various rights assigned, and it is possible that they have assigned you to a group that does not have rights to use the Online Editor.  To check that, whoever is the admin for your subscription would need to log on to the cloud portal, check what user group they have placed you in and confirm what rights that group has.  Specifically, they should look under the Projects tab in the User rights, and check whether this is enabled, as shown below:

Trados Team cloud portal screenshot showing Projects tab with various permissions such as List, Create, Edit, Delete, Planning, Start, and a highlighted 'Open in Online Editor' option under Tasks.

If not, they can either enable it for all users of that group, or move you to a different group that has got those rights.

Hope that helps

Rob

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 3:40 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  • Hello, Rob 

Thank you so much for the advice. I am the Admin Slight smile. I will check and revert. 

Luke