IMPORTANT MESSAGE: We are still experiencing some difficulties that will affect your ability work with the RWS AppStore. Our IT team is working to resolve this but for now you may not be able to download or upload apps through the RWS AppStore. We apologise for the inconvenience and will update the community when we have a resolution in place. In the meantime you can take advantage of the Private AppStore if you are using Trados Studio 2021 or 2022.

Update modifier user/time of TU through the GS REST API

Hi,

Do you know about any way to update the modifier user / time flags of an existing TU through the GS REST API?

We are synchronizing TM-s between two machines, and the only way to transfer the identity of the modifier user + the time of the modification of an updated TU to the target system is to delete and recreate this TU in the target system. It seems that we can create a new TU with any creator/modifier user/timestamp, but on updating a TU, the modifier user is always actualized to the current user.

I'm using 

UI: 15.0.0
GS: 15.0.0.1106 - GS 2020

best regards,

Tamas

Parents
  • Hi Tamas,

yes, that is the case. I've double-checked with the Development and the system fields like CreationUser, ChangeUser, UseUser (and the corresponding timestamps) cannot be changed via REST API. They are only updated in the background, indirectly through operations (like what you describe). The REST API has an end-point for updating fields /tus/fields/apply but this is only for custom fields.

I will be in touch with Development on possible changes here and will keep you posted.

Thanks,
    Mio

• Hi Tamas,

yes, that is the case. I've double-checked with the Development and the system fields like CreationUser, ChangeUser, UseUser (and the corresponding timestamps) cannot be changed via REST API. They are only updated in the background, indirectly through operations (like what you describe). The REST API has an end-point for updating fields /tus/fields/apply but this is only for custom fields.

I will be in touch with Development on possible changes here and will keep you posted.

Thanks,
    Mio

Children
No Data