Import TMX into TM async rest-api

Is it possible to provide a restapi call to import TMXs into a TM asynchronously? Right now we do it with the SDK but the call is sync.

We have cases that we need to import hundreds of them at a time and we really need to do this in an async approach. 

Thanks.

Parents
  • Hi, currently there is no means in the REST API to perform TM Imports as you state, and in order to find a place in the WorldServer roadmap, a business case is required to articulate the value of any enhancement. This needs to start with a problem statement and requirements, rather than "solutionising" something that suits the way a single customers works with WorldServer. My first response is: if you have a requirement constantly to import hundreds of TMXes, are you working with WS in an optimal way? Where is all this offline TM content coming from? I'd be happy to discuss your specific needs in a call if you would like to reach out to me, via a Support ticket is probably the easiest means to get in touch.
    Thanks

Ray

• Thank you for the answer Ray,

So basically we have an external engine that provides us some TMX content based on a specific, source and target language. So then we need the content of this TM in order to segment the file perform the translation of those segments.

So imagine the scenario that we have one client that needs 7 documents that needs to be translated from one language to 23 languages. We will have for this request 7*23 = 161 TMs that need to be imported.

Now we have a microservice that performs this in an async matter PER REQUEST (our business request) but the call inside we will have 161 importations of TMs. It takes a long time... And this causes a lot of issues like transaction timeout exceptions.

We can make a single call per importation in our microservices but the problem is that the   microservice call is in a distributed transaction and I need to rollback if something goes wrong. Also I dont want to pollute our Command message handlers with thousands of these messages

• Thank you for the answer Ray,

So basically we have an external engine that provides us some TMX content based on a specific, source and target language. So then we need the content of this TM in order to segment the file perform the translation of those segments.

So imagine the scenario that we have one client that needs 7 documents that needs to be translated from one language to 23 languages. We will have for this request 7*23 = 161 TMs that need to be imported.

Now we have a microservice that performs this in an async matter PER REQUEST (our business request) but the call inside we will have 161 importations of TMs. It takes a long time... And this causes a lot of issues like transaction timeout exceptions.

We can make a single call per importation in our microservices but the problem is that the   microservice call is in a distributed transaction and I need to rollback if something goes wrong. Also I dont want to pollute our Command message handlers with thousands of these messages

Children
No Data