File type for AsciiDoc?

Hi,

has anyone ever configured or developed a file type for the AsciiDoc format http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/ ?

We have found that customizing the standard regex text file type with lots of regex is not really a stable solution...

Any hints and ideas would be highly appreciated.

Thanks Christine

Parents
  • Hi Christine, we're going to be running into the same problem shortly. Have you found the "right" solution yet? Lol, just seen you post is seven years old.

This is the problem when developers don't think far enough down the line. I asked them about translation, and they answered "It's a text file, it can't be that hard to translate it" Thinking. Well, I suppose they're not wrong, but if you want to use a CAT tool then that does become a problem. They then suggested converting to the DocBook format. Well, that's XML, so that should work. Hmm?? But what if I want a PDF and HTML of the AsciiDoc? How do I get the translated DocBook format back to AsciiDoc? I suppose if i define DocBook as the intermediate format for all other output formats, then it would work. This would mean I need a DocBook publisher as well. So now the number of tools is growing and things are getting complicated. Still looking for the "proper" solution.

Has anyone else got an idea how the translation of AsciiDocs can be done effectivel?

Kind regards,

Robert

• Hi Christine, we're going to be running into the same problem shortly. Have you found the "right" solution yet? Lol, just seen you post is seven years old.

This is the problem when developers don't think far enough down the line. I asked them about translation, and they answered "It's a text file, it can't be that hard to translate it" Thinking. Well, I suppose they're not wrong, but if you want to use a CAT tool then that does become a problem. They then suggested converting to the DocBook format. Well, that's XML, so that should work. Hmm?? But what if I want a PDF and HTML of the AsciiDoc? How do I get the translated DocBook format back to AsciiDoc? I suppose if i define DocBook as the intermediate format for all other output formats, then it would work. This would mean I need a DocBook publisher as well. So now the number of tools is growing and things are getting complicated. Still looking for the "proper" solution.

Has anyone else got an idea how the translation of AsciiDocs can be done effectivel?

Kind regards,

Robert

Children
No Data