MenuMaker - Studio Welcome view - program launchers

Hi, 

I am trying to update the MenuMaker app for Studio 2022 and 2021 (I know a bit late in the game;-)).

In earlier versions of Studio, there was a Start menu folder in %programdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\SDL Trados Studio 2019 Apps - application launchers put into this folder would appear inside Trados Studio's Welcome view navigation area.

But this folder is missing since Studio 2021. 

My question is: Is this folder simply moved elsewhere on the file system, and if yes, where would be the correct location for application launchers? Or is this navigation bar functionality completely removed from Studio 2021 and later?

Thx

Tom

emoji
Parents Reply
  • Hi Paul,

I am doing this on Windows 11, will check on Windows 10 tomorrow.

First of all, the Trados Studio 2021 Apps folder was not visible, neither on the Start menu itself, nor on the file system. I had to create it manually.

So, I created this folder: %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Trados Studio 2021 Apps\ and put a few launchers there:

When I start Studio 2021, the navigation bar is empty except for the default link to the appstore:

As I said, I will try again on Windows 10 tomorrow as I have a bit of time to test it, but on Windows 11 the logic seems to be broken. In fact, the folder does not even show on the Start menu:

I have noticed, that Windows 11 "normalizes" links and folders in the Start menu. If it finds the same link elsewhere, it shows it where it first found it - compare the Studio 2021 and 2022 folders in this screenshot - the links that are identical only show under Studio 2021 and not again under Studio 2022:

Maybe that is the reason.

Anyway many thanks for your and also Daniel for his answers! 

emoji
Children
No Data