No email notifications

I haven't received any Translation Productivity email notifications since 17 May (I should have noticed this earlier, of course). I haven't made any change in my personal settings. (I can't even find where to subscribe/unsubscribe if I wanted to.) What should I do?

emoji
Parents
  • I should add that even though the information on the Welcome page says "You can also subscribe (or not!) to the forums just by clicking to toggle between Yes/No in the Subscribe column of the forum list below" I can't see any Subscribe column.

emoji
  • Hi Mats,

Translation Productivity is now Trados Portfolio. 

Have you by any chance subscribed to receive the email notifications when you first joined the group?

In order to receive email notifications, you must click on the email digest button placed on the right hand side of the forum.

Trados Portfolio forum page with a sidebar highlighting 'Translation Productivity is now Trados Portfolio' and an 'Email digest options' button circled at the bottom.

Once you've done that, a pop-up will appear, asking you to select the frequency at which you'd like to receive those emails.

Pop-up window on Trados Portfolio forum page with 'Frequency' dropdown menu options circled, showing 'Not Subscribed', 'Daily', and 'Weekly'.

Likewise, another way to do it, is by going to your profile and select Settings.

Dropdown menu under a user's profile with 'Settings' circled.

After that, on the page, select the second option called Email Digest. In there, you should have a list of all the groups that you're part of, and on the right hand side, you should have an option where once again you can select the frequency at which you want to receive the emails.

Settings page with 'Email Digests' tab selected and 'Frequency' dropdown menu options circled, showing 'Not Subscribed', 'Daily', and 'Weekly'.

Check the options that best suits you. Once you've done that, you should receive the emails at the frequency you selected - either daily or weekly.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Thank you,

Georgiana

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 3:49 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  • Hi Georgiana,

Thanks for this detailed reply! Some comments:

I suspected that the button to the right is the clue. However, it already indicated Leave, so I assumed I was already a subscriber. But now that I checked the pop-up it said "Not subscribed" -- which seems a bit pointless: I was a subscriber (I could "leave") but on the other hand I had not subscribed. Anyway, I activated the Daily option.

Still, I think that my subscription to Trados Productivity should have been carried over to Trados Portfolio instead of my being unsubscribed without any notice at all.

I have now checked my settings and can see that I have reinstated the previous subscriptions. Whether they were active before I selected Daily I can't tell.

I can also see that I have 127 unread messages. I'd like to email them to myself but I don't know if that's possible and if so, how.

Anyway, when I check the mail (about an hour after my now renewed subscription), there is nothing to be seen. Maybe later.

Regards,

Mats

PS. I see now that I have received messages from Trados Portfolio from 31 December 2021 and up to 17 May this year. So maybe the move to the Portfolio was not the source of my problem. Maybe somehow I was just unsubscribed for no reason and without me being notified.

emoji
  • Still no emails to my account. Clearly something else is wrong.

emoji
Reply Children