This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure RWS Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• field 'xymacro spec' in job ticket should be named 'Main macro spec'

• Under Community Review on
    • 0 Comments
    I was training an XPP newbie this week and while explaining how and where the system tracks down a macro, it suddenly occurred to me that the ' xymacro spec ' field in the job ticket has a confusing name. In the pathfinder interface the mx macro spec...
  • Pathfinder: recent files - add right click = scroll to job/library

• 3 Comments
    In the pathfinder interface you have under the 'File' a list of the last 9 divisions or specs that you have opened. If you just click on one of these entries the system will just open that division or spec...great. But the left hand window does not get...
  • define default values for new style file fields

• 1 Comment
    When there is a new fields added to a style file, the XPP automatic style upgrade process will set this field to a value so the system keeps behaving like it did before. For SDL engineering and some customers this makes sense. As they do not want the...
  • Extend directPDF to allow us to create PDF forms

• 1 Comment
    I have a major XPP site that needs to create PDF forms. I would be great if in XPP we could define things like checkboxes, text fields, dropdown boxes, etc.., so that we can automate the production of these forms. I guess that this would only become...
  • The print dialog tab control should be arranged in 2 levels so that all control tabs can be seen in one dialog box.

• Idea Delivered Partially on
    • 1 Comment
    The existing control tabs are arranged in one row, user has to roll back and forth on setting the options of Command and Print.
  • JavaScript as replacement for the macro language

• 1 Comment
    Yes we currently do have Perl as the default replacement for the XPP macro language when we are using CSS (and that is nice and works fine). But the natural companion to CSS is JavaScript and not Perl. So it makes a lot more sense to build the future...
  • Create pickups and footnotes on the fly

• 0 Comments
    I want to be able to define the content of pickups and footnotes from within compose. Just let us define in the (CSS) style setup when an element starts and ends a pickup or footnote. Reasons for doing this: simplicity: This would take away the...
  • Text Mode - Saved text should appear identical after it is restored

• 0 Comments
    Working primarily in Text Mode, we use many restores daily, as templates (with placeholder text to be updated immediately after each restore). To help easily locate the content needing to be updated, we format the appearance of the text (Med, Bold...
  • Option to display insert trace of endline space

• 0 Comments
    Recently, when a space insertion is located in the endline, there is no trace and bar displayed in Xyview. I would suggest to add an option in JT/DT to choose to display it or not to display it for different purpose.
  • H&J table needs to restored at the end of a tag

• 3 Comments
    Currently the XPP system restores the hyphenation language setting at the end of a tag, but not the h&j table. As the h&j table contains settings about min/max characters in the hyphenated word and these settings vary according to the language you are...