This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page.

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure RWS Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• Support for multi-server licensing

• Accepted, Not Yet Planned on
    • 0 Comments
    As part of a project to streamline the creation of both production and development resources, I would like to be able to automate the creation of XPP servers. Part of this would include validating the installation, which would include having the server...
  • Set free our numeric keypad! - take 2

• Under Community Review on
    • 4 Comments
    First of all: No I am not asking to change the current behavior . I am just asking to add the following selectable feature to the system: please add to the xyview.ini and sdedit.ini a setting that will re-enable the normal numeric keypad functionality...
  • Enable access to ALL system and frill variables

• Idea Delivered Partially on
    • 15 Comments
    While there are pages and pages of system and frills variables, there are still many missing. When viewing the Status Window, there are many attributes and dimension values that are not accessible via the % or ! variables. E.g. !tbcypos - tabular...
  • Add better support for the CSS color property

• 0 Comments
    In XPP you can use the color property to define the foreground color of the text. You can do something like this: para { color: red; } or you can do something like: para { color: -xppc(19); } The named colors are limited to the 9 main colors that XPP...
  • Direct PDF debugging

• Accepted, Not Yet Planned on
    • 0 Comments
    Direct PDF (using PDFLib) is playing a more and more important role in XPP. Some new features are only available through the use of Direct PDF. Direct PDF is the preferred future output method for XPP. It is great but not very friendly when you are confronted...
  • Last modified date of a division file should not change when closing a division without editing in “XPP Pathfinder” in order to avoid confusion about whether any changes made or not

• 0 Comments
    The division shown in Picture 3.1 was Last Modified on 15 th Sep 2022, at 9:14 A M and later the same division was opened using the edit option and closed immediately without editing, however the Last Modified Date & Time has been changed (see Picture...
  • field 'xymacro spec' in job ticket should be named 'Main macro spec'

• 0 Comments
    I was training an XPP newbie this week and while explaining how and where the system tracks down a macro, it suddenly occurred to me that the ' xymacro spec ' field in the job ticket has a confusing name. In the pathfinder interface the mx macro spec...
  • System and frill variable to determine whether in header row or body

• 2 Comments
    >>> Copied from a reply in a different (but related idea). A system(%)/frill(!) variable that identifies whether the current row is in a header row or not (and therefore implies in a body row). This is not the same as the current variable that indicates...
  • PathFinder: Bookmark your favourite locations for super-quick access

• 0 Comments
    The aim of this idea is to try and minimise the amount of scrolling that you have to do through a deep PathFinder structure. My proposed solution is to enhance the PathFinder interface so as to allow the user to Bookmark locations. The idea is that...
  • Method for adjusting the background opacity for dotted dashed tabular rules

• 0 Comments
    I'm making request to control the background opacity of the dotted and dashed tabular rules in order to handle client styles that use these rule types with shaded cells (fmcolor, fpat, fcell). The attached image shows the current functionality when...