Idea Delivered Partially

Enable select all / select multiple segments in Online Editor and Maintenance Editor

Selecting all segments is an option in Studio but not in the Online Editor or online Maintenance Editor. This makes it, for example, impossible to change segment statuses in bulk. 

Multiple selection is possible in Online Editor, but only around 100 segments can be selected at the same time - so being able to select all would be beneficial. 

Multiple selection is not possible at all in Maintenance Editor - so enabling select multiple and select all would be useful, 

Parents
  • In TM Maintenance Editor, you need to use Batch tasks, selecting all doesn't really make sense in this context, as TM might contain several millions of TUs.

As for Select All in Online Editor, this feature will be delivered rather soon.

• Thanks Patrik, that's good news about the Online Editor! 

In Maintenance Editor, as far as I can see, batch actions are limited to finding and replacing text, deleting tags, and changing and deleting field values; the field values that can be changed are in turn limited to the custom fields, and a couple of others - so this function doesn't enable changing of status in bulk. Additionally, filtering does not allow filtering status on "signed off" or "not translated". So while I'm open to using batch actions to make bulk changes in Maintenance Editor, this does not currently seem to allow finding and changing status. 

Screenshot of Trados Enterprise Batch Actions interface showing options for Find and replace text, Change field values, and Delete tags.

Screenshot of Trados Enterprise interface with a dropdown menu for 'Confirmation level' missing the options 'Signed off' and 'Not translated'.

Comment
  • Thanks Patrik, that's good news about the Online Editor! 

In Maintenance Editor, as far as I can see, batch actions are limited to finding and replacing text, deleting tags, and changing and deleting field values; the field values that can be changed are in turn limited to the custom fields, and a couple of others - so this function doesn't enable changing of status in bulk. Additionally, filtering does not allow filtering status on "signed off" or "not translated". So while I'm open to using batch actions to make bulk changes in Maintenance Editor, this does not currently seem to allow finding and changing status. 

Screenshot of Trados Enterprise Batch Actions interface showing options for Find and replace text, Change field values, and Delete tags.

Screenshot of Trados Enterprise interface with a dropdown menu for 'Confirmation level' missing the options 'Signed off' and 'Not translated'.

Children