This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page.

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure RWS Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• Create new role based on an existing one

• Under Community Review on
    • 0 Comments
    Hi all, when managing roles it would be nice if you could create roles based on the existing ones so you don't have to check all options when you create a new role that has some more or less rights than another. Regards, Bruno
  • Sort TM's by creation date

• Planned for Future Release on
    • 0 Comments
    For better overview, I would like to be able to sort TM's by their creation date in the online environment.
  • Functionality to tell GroupShare/Studio that a project is in a certain phase

• 1 Comment
    Is there a way for GroupShare/Trados Studio to “know” what phase a project is in? For example, if the project is in review, the translator should be able to open the translation file for review just by clicking on it. We have found that if the translator...
  • Allow creating Project Templates in the web admin panel

• 0 Comments
    Currently just one irrelevant step prevents users from fully creating projects on GroupShare using their web browser - missing project templates. For some reason they still have to be created in desktop app, and then uploaded to GroupShare. IMHO, this...
  • Add sorting option for Count column under Resources > Translation Memories in GS WebUI

• 1 Comment
    Translation memories cannot be sorted by TU count, but f or TM maintenance purposes, I'd like to sort TMs based on the number of TUs. The release notes of the latest CU mention that it's now possible to sort resources based on languages (were have CU6...
  • Ability to clear all Assignees/Language in Project Filter

• 0 Comments
    At the moment, Assignees/Language in Project Filter have all available assignees/languages ticked, and if I want to filter only e.g. three languages out of 24, I need to un-tick 21 language, while it would be less time consuming to be able to clear all...
  • Database encryption

• New on
    • 0 Comments
    GroupShare creates a new database whenever a container is added. We would welcome a native option to encrypt them from the get-go. At the moment, we rely on scheduled scripts that leave new databases unencrypted for a period of time, which poses a security...
  • Search and replace option of source segments

• New on
    • 0 Comments
    I haven't found any similar requests between the ideas submitted, although I can't imagine being the first to think of this. We work on source texts which often contain errors (due to lack of time and attention). If we leave the source as it is and make...
  • Groupshare "health check" and alerting

• Idea Delivered Partially on
    • 0 Comments
    Instead of checking processes and logifiles on the Groupshare server when users already report certain issues, I would like to haven an alerting system that notifies me when certain conditions take place that might lead to such an event or failure. ...
  • Customizable projects list in Project Server

• 0 Comments
    This relates to my inquiry as to the API possibilities with the Project Server ( https://community.sdl.com/developers/language-developers/f/57/t/12438 ) but I'd like to propose that SDL adds a lot of this type of reporting, filtering etc. to the out of...