Under Community Review

Bug fixing for the tracked changes function in Trados

Hi, 

I have reported a bug a couple of months ago in the RWS community but failed to get any results despite repeated efforts. In fact, this bug was first reported by another Trados user some two years ago. I've kept asking for help in the community but only got one reply from RWS whose response was not of much help. Could anyone can help and follow up on this?

Below is the history of this report. It is self-explanatory: 

https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/trados-studio/f/studio/27937/bug-in-tracked-changes/130493#130493

Thanking you in advance for your help. 

Parents
  • @Angelo and @Victor, and all of you:

Toi my knowledge, I haven't experienced this problem. To experiment, I tried overwriting in tracked-changes mode in a couple of places in two English target files, and the cursor didn't jump about. I'm sorry to contradict, and I hope I don't sound unhelpful.

Could this be inherent in some target languages (I don't wish to stigmatise)?

Or could there be some hidden code that causes this erratic cursor behaviour? As I understand the statement of the problem, this cursor behaviour is unpredictable and does not occur every time.

* Hidden code (or formatting): could this behaviour be reproduced with all formatting displayed (i.e. with the relevant Option enabled so that no formatting codes are hidden)?

* Language-specific behaviour: in Angelo's example, the " English double-quote character was autocorrected to the Guillemet character, with a hard space inserted. Could this have some bearing on the issue?

I'm sorry I can't corroborate, but I hope the lines of enquiry I have suggested may shed some light on the matter.

With kind regards,

Adam Warren.

• Hi Adam, Thanks for your reply. You may try the six steps that Kelly Edward mentioned. It will demonstrate the problem. 

You can reproduce with easy.

Under TC status

1. hit "a" key anywhere  (no double quote of course)

2. hit "Delete" key

3. hit "Left arrow" (go back) key

4. hit "a" key

5. now go to anywhere (in the same segment) and hit "Delete" or "Backspace"

6. Tada

Comment Children
No Data