Under Community Review

Display unique error number to user for troubleshooting

Studio 2019 apparently sends error information to SDL for every error encountered.

Change the Studio code so that Studio queries SDL for a unique error number before sending this information. and displays the error number to the user.

Then SDL employees could simply ask the user for the unique error number and use it to access all of the information available in the database for that particular error.

Bruce Campbell, ASAP Language Services

Parents
  • By the way, I was thinking of "unique" as specific to an incident, so that if the same error occurred twice, then a different error number would be displayed to the user each time. I was imagining it that way because I don't know exactly what information SDL collects. Although the "generic error" might be the same for many incidents, other information collected about the user's Studio settings or system configuration might also be helpful for a specific incident.

Comment
  • By the way, I was thinking of "unique" as specific to an incident, so that if the same error occurred twice, then a different error number would be displayed to the user each time. I was imagining it that way because I don't know exactly what information SDL collects. Although the "generic error" might be the same for many incidents, other information collected about the user's Studio settings or system configuration might also be helpful for a specific incident.

Children
No Data