Under Community Review

Make SDLXLIFF Toolkit separate application again

PLEASE make the SDLXLIFF Tookit a separate application again.

The way it's "integrated" in Studio 2017 is really extremely terrible to use. In fact it's pretty useless :(

Parents
  • Hi Evzen, it was only "fixed" because we tried to make all the apps we use sdlplugins where possible.  This is because it's going to be easier to manage them once we integrate the appstore with the product.  I know what you mean though and in many ways I also preferred it as a separate application.  I'll talk to the team and see whether we can all agree to make it available as a standalone install as well as a plugin.

I do use it in full view as I moved it into the files view as a wider pane (not floating) and have a few others that are better in a wider view there too (projectTerms, SDLXLIFF Compare for example).  But I can see your point.

This is the appstore team though and not core development so "fixing real bugs" doesn't really come into the equation!

Comment
  • Hi Evzen, it was only "fixed" because we tried to make all the apps we use sdlplugins where possible.  This is because it's going to be easier to manage them once we integrate the appstore with the product.  I know what you mean though and in many ways I also preferred it as a separate application.  I'll talk to the team and see whether we can all agree to make it available as a standalone install as well as a plugin.

I do use it in full view as I moved it into the files view as a wider pane (not floating) and have a few others that are better in a wider view there too (projectTerms, SDLXLIFF Compare for example).  But I can see your point.

This is the appstore team though and not core development so "fixing real bugs" doesn't really come into the equation!

Children
No Data