Idea Delivered

This is still available but is now an app which you can install using the integrated new app store feature. From release notes:

To install the apps, go to the Add-Ins tab > SDL AppStore and search for the following apps:

SDL Trados Compatibility and Migration Power Pack

Install this app to add support for the following common compatibility and migration scenarios:

• Open legacy SDLX/ITD-based TMS and TeamWorks project packages.

• Open ITD, TTX and Bilingual Workbench file types created in SDLX, Trados 2007 and Translator's Workbench.

Official support for these products has ended in 2012. SDL recommends that you consider converting these legacy file types to the .SDLXLIFF format.

• Add the Upgrade Migration Wizard to Trados Studio. This wizard was available out-of-the box with previous Trados Studio versions, but has now moved to this dedicated app in order to declutter the Trados Studio user interface. This powerful wizard enables the following batch-oriented use cases:

• Combine multiple Trados Studio translation memories (TMs) into one

• Upgrade Translator's Workbench and SDLX TMs to Trados Studio translation memory format: .TMW and .MDB format to .SDLTM

- Migrate TMs from TMX to Trados Studio format in batch mode

• Migrate file-based to server-based TMs in SDL Trados GroupShare and vice versa

Merge TM's

I’m rather upset that you removed the memory upgrade button from studio 2021. As I used this button often to prepare translation memories, or to merge translation memories when I’m working on a project with several colleagues I really don’t think it’s progress that you removed it. I understand that when I want to merge the translation memories, I first have to change them in .tmx, than click on “import” and in the and convert the TM in Studio 2021 again. (I don’t even remember how to change the tm in .xml and it’s for sure that it only takes more time than when I only had to click on a button).  If I had known this before, I surely would never had bought Studio 2021 Frowning2. Can you please please add the button again?

Parents Comment Children
No Data