Under Community Review

Redesign external review

Hi!

External review is often required by some clients. Sadly, the bilingual Word approach is far from being stable and reliable.

Three options:

1. Design a new feature from scratch (Excel please !)

2. Add a warning message, something like "Don't use on large projects!!"

3. Get rid of this feature ;-)

Parents
  • Excel is not the best choice because one cannot change capitalisation. What is unstable, please, about the external review? Is it perhaps difficulty in "reinjecting" the bilingual draft  into the SDLXLIFF file? I find more difficulty with retrofitting, which is very uncertain, though a good idea. The conditions for such "reinjectability" need to be clearly spelt out: in the case of the bilingual review file, the SDLXLIFF file must not be altered in any way between the export to the Word format and the "reinjection".

With kind regards,

Adam Warren.

• Hi Adam! I agree Excel is not ideal. But even when the SDLXLIFF hasn't been altered in any way, import can fail (because, you know... Word...). For no obvious reason. One of my clients learned the hard way: almost 100 files wouldn't import. She had to export again for review and spent 2 days copying and pasting the content. Maybe an SDLXLIFF basic editor (no TM, no TB) would be the solution here...

Cheers!

Comment
  • Hi Adam! I agree Excel is not ideal. But even when the SDLXLIFF hasn't been altered in any way, import can fail (because, you know... Word...). For no obvious reason. One of my clients learned the hard way: almost 100 files wouldn't import. She had to export again for review and spent 2 days copying and pasting the content. Maybe an SDLXLIFF basic editor (no TM, no TB) would be the solution here...

Cheers!

Children
No Data