Not Considering

Not considering based on the feedback and comments

unsigned sdl plugin notification

Hi,

every time you start Trados with an unsigned plugin you get asked if you want to start it due to security reasons. That's just annoying.

It would be great if Trados could remember this decision for each plugin so that you don't get it everytime but just if it was newly installed or updated.

regards,

Pascal

Parents
  • the solution is to get the plugin signed!

• problem is some programmers don't do or want to do that.

• Well, Paul, it's now 4 years later and developers are still not having their plug-ins signed. Let's be practical and give the Studio user an option to decide for themselves. Obviously many of us are choosing to use certain plug-ins whether they are signed or not. Adding a "don't ask again" option to the dialog box would make the application more user-friendly, and this is VERY important. It is important because SDL/RWS seems to be more interested in serving the needs of agencies and other large-scale users, yet it is important to let the large freelancer user base know that they are being listened to and that their needs are seen as important too.

•   Theory and practice … The problem is that even the Plug-ins created or updated by RWS team do not always get signed immediately or show issues with signatures especially after an update of said plugins. Right now, I have around 10 plugins nagging me at each start of Trados Studio and these are official plugins that I downloaded and installed via Studio directly from RWS App Store, so they SHOULD already be checked and have an official signature, but still they don't. I have no plugins that come from any other source that would not be signed.

Comment
  •   Theory and practice … The problem is that even the Plug-ins created or updated by RWS team do not always get signed immediately or show issues with signatures especially after an update of said plugins. Right now, I have around 10 plugins nagging me at each start of Trados Studio and these are official plugins that I downloaded and installed via Studio directly from RWS App Store, so they SHOULD already be checked and have an official signature, but still they don't. I have no plugins that come from any other source that would not be signed.

Children