Under Community Review

Update the functionality of "Change Segment Status" menu

When I confirm a segment by changing the segment status to Translated with right clicking "Change Segment Status" menu,
the status symbol is turned to the symbol indicating Confirmed segment.
However, the confirmed segment is NOT added to Translation Memory.
This would not be a good idea, because I understand that changing the segment status to Translated is the same as confirming the segment in the ribbon menu.

My suggestion is to also update Translation Memory when the segment status is changed to Translated with right clicking.

Thanks.

Parents
  • Perhaps an intermediate solution is to include a prompt when changing a segment's status, to remind the user to use the "update memory" function, from time to time, so that the TM keeps pace with the translator's progress. It might be an idea to have a reversing function so as to change the TM back to its state before the change, so as to cater for second thoughts. It sounds a bit complicated even so. Perhaps to be mulled over and developed in separate stages, with scope for user interaction with the development team during the stages.

Comment
  • Perhaps an intermediate solution is to include a prompt when changing a segment's status, to remind the user to use the "update memory" function, from time to time, so that the TM keeps pace with the translator's progress. It might be an idea to have a reversing function so as to change the TM back to its state before the change, so as to cater for second thoughts. It sounds a bit complicated even so. Perhaps to be mulled over and developed in separate stages, with scope for user interaction with the development team during the stages.

Children
No Data