Not Considering

Add automatic warnings for specific alert conditions.

Proposed changes for Web Client > Event Log Tab:

It would be helpful if admins could set thresholds for specific conditions, upon which the CCMS would alert them via the webclient. For example, it would be nice to be alerted by the CCMS if free disk space dips below 20-30%. The alert could be something as simple as a warning icon in the upper-left corner of the screen. Note that while it is possible to obtain these warnings through conventional server health monitoring, CCMS admins are typically not part of the IT department and therefore do not usually get these warnings. (For example, the last couple of low disk space warnings that I handled were first reported to the IT server admin, who then emailed me, and I had to rush to fix the problem. When I asked whether I could receive the automatic notification, I was told that I couldn’t because I’m technical not in the IT department.)

Parents
  • I feel this is a standard IT issue which shouldn't be solved by the application. The Ops guys that are managing the server should already have monitoring and alerts in place. In our own SaaS offering, we are proactively monitoring the servers, but we do it consistently independent of which application runs on the server.

Comment
  • I feel this is a standard IT issue which shouldn't be solved by the application. The Ops guys that are managing the server should already have monitoring and alerts in place. In our own SaaS offering, we are proactively monitoring the servers, but we do it consistently independent of which application runs on the server.

Children
No Data