This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page.

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure RWS Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• Make it possible to modify repository read and write (owner) permissions

• Under Community Review on
    • 3 Comments
    Modifying folder permissions afterwards is not possible. Is not allowed to move structures to folders with less read rights. But once everyone is allowed to view, it is not possible to modify it. Because of this, reorganizing a repository is almost impossible...
  • Add a choice in the Autocomplete of the baseline to select all Ready for Release status versions of an object

• 6 Comments
    We have a project that needs to ensure all objects in Ready to Release state are selected for the baseline. When we autocomplete from the baseline of a publication, we see 3 available buttons (we see the select baseline choices too) - one is select...
  • Add the ability to turn off map preview in Publication Manager

• Accepted, Not Yet Planned on
    • 2 Comments
    If you click the map in the TOC pane in Publication Manager, and it's a large map, it can take a long time for the preview pane to display the map. After a while, it will tell you it's going to take a long time, and asks if you want to continue. But even...
  • Batch create and batch edit outputs in Publication Manager

• 2 Comments
    The system should enable users to create multiple outputs at the same time, with some of the properties populated with the same values in all the outputs. For the remaining properties, users could enter unique values in each output manually. This would...
  • Copy Identifiers (and Multiple Identifiers) via Right-click Object Menu

• 3 Comments
    Use Case Even though SDL has a great inbox feature for passing objects between authors, I've run into a few use cases where I have had to compile lists of object IDs for another author to reference or even just for my own reference. Sometimes I just...
  • Add an option to search for orphaned objects

• Accepted, Not Yet Planned on
    • 1 Comment
    Proposed changes for Web Client > Search Tab: It would be extremely helpful if an option was added to the Search tab of the webclient that allowed writers to identify orphaned objects in the CCMS. The feature could be just a checkbox that would cause...
  • Automatic cleanup local storage

• 2 Comments
    If the local storage contains too many items it can negatively affect the use of the client tools. Make it possible for a user to schedule an automatic local storage cleanup.
  • Folder operation history

• 3 Comments
    It happens that a TridionDocs beginner rename or move a folder accidentaly. In the case, there is no way to confirm who and when renamed or moved the folder. I need a function to track such folder operations.
  • Support display and insertion of keys

Former Member
    Former Member
    • 0 Comments
    Provide support for the display and insertion of DITA keys in Content Editor. DITA keys are a very powerful mechanism for supporting variable content in reused content between publications. DITA keys allow for variable content at many levels, including...
  • Condition setting for each output

• 2 Comments
    Publications can have conditional settings. When changing conditions used in WebHelp or PDF from one publication, it is necessary to change it each time. For example 1: WebHelp output does not want to output some sentence. For example 2: Japanese...