This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page.

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure RWS Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• Allow users to search for multiple components.

• Idea Delivered Partially on
    • 3 Comments
    As a user of Tridion, I would like the ability to search for multiple components at one time. For example when I have to update 15 components from different folders, I want to pull up the list of all 15 so I can view them at the same time. Currently...
  • Read-only fields per Group

• Under Community Review on
    • 1 Comment
    Ability to apply security to a field, and read-only to a field for a group of editors. This would allow us to make more content manageable in the GUI, and would help in translation scenarios where we want to give a translator access to the text content...
  • View Workflow Process Definition as a diagram within the UI

• Planned for Future Release on
    • 0 Comments
    So far, Users have no overview of the Workflow Process Definition unless they have MS Visio + SDL Workflow Designer installed on their client machine. This is rather an unfavorable manner to view the steps. Many systems offers the possibility for the...
  • Embedded Schema fields should be editable in Edit Popup in Experience Manager

• 3 Comments
    Current state (Web 8 Experience Manager): It is already possible to add or remove Embedded Schema fields using the or icon. But you can only edit existing fields when they are visible on the website via Inline Editing or by opening the selected component...
  • Add a markdown field

• Accepted, Not Yet Planned on
    • 3 Comments
    Adding a markdown field will make the lives of content editors and developers much easier imho. Markdown also allows for custom plugins. Which delivers a specialized way of handling content in markdown fields. A markdown field could show live preview...
  • Make publishing of containers default to publishing the contents individually

• Accepted, Not Yet Planned on
    • 8 Comments
    Currently, if you publish a publication or a structure group, you end up with a single publishing transaction. We've accepted this for years because it's "just the way Tridion works". I would generally suggest that creating one big publish transaction...
  • Improve performance of list view

• 2 Comments
    Content Manager Explorer are Core Service APIs to be extended to get paginated results. Change APIs to return smaller result sets as specified by the client. Need the capability to paginate results for the list to reduce the performance impact.
  • Where Used - load only on explicit request

• 2 Comments
    When you do a `Where Used` on an item, the query for the first tab `Used In` is automatically triggered . As we all know this is a very expensive operation with potentially hundreds/thousands of resulting items. This makes no sense in my opinion, especially...
  • Tridion connect to multiple CIL services in single session

• Not Considering on
    • 2 Comments
    I was trying to connect to CIL service in order to compare results from Preview and live, I can see there is no supported way to query multiple configurations. It is loaded, and cached, and has no setter. you could marshal all calls through an appdomain...
  • Add 'republish only' to all publish popups

• In Progress on
    • 1 Comment
    If you publish a folder, structure group or template in the new UI, you get the option to only republish content which was previously published. However, this option is missing when publishing pages and components. Since it is now possible to select...