Accepted, Not Yet Planned

We will not add Slack as a product enhancement but appreciate the suggestion, discussion, and creation of a community-created Slack channel. Those interested can fill out the form here: https://t.co/AiPz1tUwwW (this is maintained by the community--see comments for background).

SDL Slack Channel

I don't know if this is already a thing, but it would be great to get a SDL Knowledge / Support Slack Channel. (I know there is an MVP Slack Channel discussing issues)

• Different Channels for different aspects
  • Non critical support with SDL
  • Knowledge Sharing between SDL / Partners
  • Critical issues worldwide can be announced. Partners can be updated on these issues, timescales and hotfixes.

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,

Tom

Parents
  • Hi Tom. SDL Community itself can address some of the scenarios you're describing from knowledge sharing to options for wikis and chat. I can't say much on whether Slack would work in this ideation board (which is really for product suggestions for SDL Web itself), but consider posting this suggestion to the community itself: community.sdl.com/.../improvements.

Even with an existing chat, I'm not partial to the technology. For example we've had PowerTools chat on Skype, MVP chat on Skype, and even a chat on a web-based irc channel. Which one was that, ? Freenode?

Informally you're free to do whatever, but for the best reach, to manage who's in/out, and to avoid going stale, I'd opt for either SDL Community OR Tridion StackExchange.

For an existing chat, see TRex Chat: chat.stackexchange.com/.../tridion. We've (I've) tried to start something there and occasionally someone pops in to say hello.

Comment
  • Hi Tom. SDL Community itself can address some of the scenarios you're describing from knowledge sharing to options for wikis and chat. I can't say much on whether Slack would work in this ideation board (which is really for product suggestions for SDL Web itself), but consider posting this suggestion to the community itself: community.sdl.com/.../improvements.

Even with an existing chat, I'm not partial to the technology. For example we've had PowerTools chat on Skype, MVP chat on Skype, and even a chat on a web-based irc channel. Which one was that, ? Freenode?

Informally you're free to do whatever, but for the best reach, to manage who's in/out, and to avoid going stale, I'd opt for either SDL Community OR Tridion StackExchange.

For an existing chat, see TRex Chat: chat.stackexchange.com/.../tridion. We've (I've) tried to start something there and occasionally someone pops in to say hello.

Children
No Data