GhostScript PDF has some pages in landscape view

Hello.  We have an issue with some pages in a PDF displaying in landscape view instead of portrait view.

Our PDF has 358 pages and all display in portrait view except for pages 258 to 260.  Those three pages equate to a table in our XPP DIV that is captured using table markup (basically CALS).

For those three pages, we change to a page layout where the main block is rotated 90 degrees.  This is done to accommodate our table, which is extra wide.  The results in XPP are good.  It is only when we view the corresponding PDF that we see the issue with these three pages switching to landscape.

I have pinpointed the cause of this issue to GhostScript.  If I manually distill the file using Adobe Acrobat, I get good results – that is, all 358 PDF pages display in portrait view including pages 258 to 260.

I also wanted to test this out using the -pdfusegs and -pdfuseacro options for psfmtdrv but we don’t have Acrobat on our XPP server so I could not get this extra confirmation.

My question is whether anyone else has seen this difference between GhostScript and Adobe.  If so then is there anything that can be done to get GhostScript to output all PDF pages in portrait mode?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

We are using XPP 9.4.1.0 running on a Redhat 7.9 (Maipo) Linux server.

Thank you.

Parents Reply Children
No Data