how to train a custom AI/NMT model

Hello

how to train a custom AI/NMT model and what is the cost of this

how many users can use this custom model

what subscription/license needed

emoji
Parents
  • Hello Muhammad,

Thank you for your interest in custom translation models. 

Custom translation models are language pairs built for a specific customer/use case using the customer's data. The RWS Customizations team performs the data evaluation and cleaning, builds several model candidates and uses automated metrics and human evaluation to assess the machine translation output quality. The custom model is trained at one time and can be re-trained once a year. 

Adaptable translation models, on the other hand, are language pairs the customers can build themselves, directly in the LW user interface and using their own data. This is a preferred solution for customers who cannot share their data set with us or those who chose to train the models at their own convenience and cadence. The adaptation is a straightforward process, and each adapted language pair can be trained up to 12 times per year.

Both custom and adaptable translation models are available to all users in your Language Weaver account and can be accessed from integrated applications (e.g., Trados Studio, Trados Enterprise) just like the generic translation models. 

I hope this information was helpful. Our sales representatives will contact you directly with subscription information and pricing.

Best regards,

Lenka      

emoji
  • Thanks Lenka for the clarification

is there any Video Webinar or any demonstration on How To?

"Both custom and adaptable translation models are available to all users in your Language Weaver account and can be accessed from integrated applications (e.g., Trados Studio, Trados Enterprise) just like the generic translation models. "

waiting the details and prices on email

emoji
  • Hello Muhammad,

What type of "How to" information would you like to receive? Are you interested in building a custom language pair, in learning how to train an adaptable language pair yourself or how to configure a custom or adapted LP in another translation platform (such as Trados Studio)?

Best regards,

Lenka

emoji
  • I think it is better to list what I need and you decide what technically meets it

I evaluated the Generic NMT En<>Arabic engine, the quality is less than Google Translate and sometimes, the translation was very poor in Medical  texts.

So, I want to train adaptable custom models:

1- Legal En<>Ar

2-Medical En > Ar

3- Financial En <> Ar

I want to use these models in  Trados Studio 2022 via plugins plus Cloud / Language Weaver
    Best

emoji
  • Hello Muhammad,

Are you interested in having RWS build these custom translation models, or would you like to train the adaptable translation models yourself? Assuming it is the latter, I will email you a tutorial on How to manage, train and deploy adaptable language pairs. I will also upload this tutorial to the Files/Videos section of the Language Weaver Community for other users interested in this topic.     

I hope this information will be helpful. Kindly let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Lenka

emoji
Reply Children
No Data