SAML - how to convert a local user to a SAML user on the language weaver gui.

SSO has been set up and is working, I have set users up with SSO, but cannot find the setting I know this is simple and straight forward but am very grateful for your help.

I can select a user I can see they are marked up as local but I cannot find the setting to convert them to SAML.

emoji
Parents
  • Hi  ,

I will take the assumption that you are using Language Weaver Edge (our self-hosted version of Language Weaver), but feel free to correct me.

In Edge, local users will automatically be converted to SAML upon the first login of the user (with the same email address) using Single Sign-On. Once SAML is enabled, the user, who used to login with username and password, should now click on the button "Log in with Single Sign-On" and authenticate with your Identity Provider:

Screenshot showing two login options: a highlighted 'Log In with Single Sign-On' button and a less prominent 'Log In Locally' link.

Edge will automatically detect that the user has local credentials and will update the user record automatically.

The "Log In Locally" option should then be limited to pure local users (such as Super Admins).

I hope this answers your question, and please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 10:52 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
  • Hi  ,

I will take the assumption that you are using Language Weaver Edge (our self-hosted version of Language Weaver), but feel free to correct me.

In Edge, local users will automatically be converted to SAML upon the first login of the user (with the same email address) using Single Sign-On. Once SAML is enabled, the user, who used to login with username and password, should now click on the button "Log in with Single Sign-On" and authenticate with your Identity Provider:

Screenshot showing two login options: a highlighted 'Log In with Single Sign-On' button and a less prominent 'Log In Locally' link.

Edge will automatically detect that the user has local credentials and will update the user record automatically.

The "Log In Locally" option should then be limited to pure local users (such as Super Admins).

I hope this answers your question, and please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 10:52 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
Children