TBM6 does not integrate into SDL Trados Studio 2021 Professional

I'm the owner of Trados Studio 2021 Professional license and have recently purchased the Trados Business Manager Essential TBM6.

After uninstalling the Trados Business Manager Lite (which wasn't licensed), I installed TBM6 and restarted the PC. After restart, the TBM region with the corresponding buttons was not present in the Projects view as it should be. Can't figure out the reason why though. I've also tried uninstalling Trados Studio and reinstalling it, but nothing changes.

TBM6 is installed correctly, I think. URL: http://localhost:8733/, Application key xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx. The software works correctly, I even managed to import data from Json file.

The Trados Business Manager Connector is not present in the Add-Ins Section under Plugins.

Could it be possible to solve the matter via a remote session?

Thanks in advance and rgds

Stojan Brajikovič

• Hello, Stojan,

Thanks for the question. Few days I don't have time for remote sessions, but maybe can help anyway.

First of all, can you please tell us versions you are using (both Studio and TBM Connector)?

Then, try to open this folder:

C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\SDL\Sdl Trados Studio\15\Plugins\Packages

In my case, I have this:

File Explorer window showing SDL Trados Studio 15 Plugins Packages directory with two files: Business_Manager_Connector.sdlplugin and Business_Manager_Lite.sdlplugin.

Do you have Business_Manager_Connector.sdlplugin file there? If not, probably you're using the wrong version? For example, for Studio 2019. Or maybe you have 2 connector plugin files there, but with different names?

I just tested with 2 Studio 2021 versions, and it worked:

- 2021 SR2 - 16.2.8.9097

- 2021 SR2 - 16.2.9.9198

Trados Studio interface displaying the Projects tab with a list of projects and their statuses, due dates, and creation dates. TBM connector and other options are visible in the toolbar.

Hope some of provided info will be helpful.. Let us know please )

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 10:44 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
  • Hello, Eugene,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Upon checking the contents of the folder C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\SDL\Sdl Trados Studio\15\Plugins\Packages, I didn’t find any files at all in that folder. It is completely empty.

The registered and activated version of my Trados Studio 2021 Professional is Trados Studio 2021 SR2 - 16.2.9.9198

I don’t know where to look up the version of my TBM6. I downloaded it from the App Store (Trados Business Manager Connector), activated it with the activation number I received to my account, and the version no. isn’t listed there. I even don’t know where the file has been saved on my PC if it was saved at all.

I installed the TBM6 in the default Documents folder, not in the C:\Program Files (x86) folder.

However, in my Documents folder, there are 2 folders:

SDL Trados Business Manager with the TradosDatabase sub-folder, containing 4 files:

bmanager_lite.sdf

errorLog.txt

tbmdb_20220117.sqlite

tbmdb_20220118.sqlite

Trados Business Manager v6 where the TBM6 is installed.

Perhaps you could tell me, where can I manually download the correct TBM6 file to put in in my folder C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\SDL\Sdl Trados Studio\15\Plugins\Packages?

I’m quite discouraged, since I payed for the application (TBM6) and can’t fully exploit it (integrate it into Trados).

Please reply soon.

Thanks and rgds

Stojan Brajkovič

• SDL Trados Business Manager with the TradosDatabase sub-folder, containing 4 files:

bmanager_lite.sdf

errorLog.txt

tbmdb_20220117.sqlite

tbmdb_20220118.sqlite

This left from TBM Lite.

Upon checking the contents of the folder C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\SDL\Sdl Trados Studio\15\Plugins\Packages, I didn’t find any files at all in that folder. It is completely empty.

This is a question of installing plugins. Did you try to install ANY other plugin from the App Store? You can try to open downloaded TBM Connector plugin with any tool supporting zip archives, and extract sdlplugin from there. Then, just manually copy this file to the mentioned Packages folder. 

If that will not work, I recommend to try to install any other plugin from the App store. If that won't work, probably you have to ask a question about Trados Studio.

As for TBM, you have installed full version, it works fine, as I understand. Now we just have to solve an issue with the plugin. I don't think this is something to be discouraged about.

• Hello, Eugene,

I downloaded the TBM6 Plugin manually and placed it in the C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\SDL\Sdl Trados Studio\15\Plugins\Packages folder.

Then I discovered another folder C:\Users\stbra\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\16\Plugins\Packages, and the TBM6 plugiin was present there.

Despite this, the integration into my Trados Studio failed, the TBM6 region with the corresponding buttons is still not present in the Project view.

I tried to install a random Plugin from the App Store and it worked. 

The TBM6 plugin is not present when I check Add-Ins --> Plugins, where you can activate and deactivate plugins, as for example BaccS connector. I used it before, just deactivated the plugin recently.

At this point, I really don't know how to solve this issue.

Perhaps you have some other ideas?

Thanks and rgds

Stojan Brajkovič

• Hello, Stojan,

The TBM6 plugin is not present when I check Add-Ins --> Plugins, where you can activate and deactivate plugins, as for example BaccS connector. I used it before, just deactivated the plugin recently.

Could it be a reason of issue? If you have BaccS connector installed, it could clash with TBM connector, because internally they use same IDs. What if to try to delete it instead of deactivating?

Also, if that does not help, may ask you to show contents of the C:\Users\stbra\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\16\Plugins\Packages folder? I will then try to install same plugins as you have there, and test - maybe plugin can't load because of some kind of incompatibility with certain other plugin.

I will also ask my colleagues, maybe they will have some ideas, and will come back here soon.

Indeed not easy case.

• Hello, Eugene,

It seems I'm finally getting somewhere.

After a thorough cleaning of my system files I found out that the new Trados Business Manager Connector plugin installed as BaccS_Connector (in the Add-Ins --> Plugins section of Trados Studio)! I just had to activate it and the TBM connector region with all the corresponding buttons appeared in the Project view.

However, that's not the end of it.

I completed the Plugin settings dialogue, entered the URL and port no., App Key, selected the Trados Projects templates folder, entered User name and User Password (just Admin as username, no password), and the Tenant field (TBM).

Then I clicked the Connect button. Nothing happened, no sign that the connection to TBM6 was established. When I clicked e.g. the Create a quote button, a dialog with the message No connection found to a TBM instance.

Shouldn't the connection to TBM6 be established automatically, without clicking the Connect button?

To cut the story short, the connection to TBM6 from Trados Studio doesn't seem to work and I am not able to solve the problem. After clicking the Connect button for the second time, a dialog with the red button and white cross in it and the message "A task was cancelled." appeared.

Do you have any idea, what should I do to make it work?

Thanks in advance,

Stojan

• At least something, good!

Final steps now Slight smile You said that you have provided blank password. But are you sure that you access main TBM application without password? Default one is User@TBM. Probably, you have changed default password. But I doubt that it is possible to change default password to a blank one. So, maybe the reason of unestablished connection is with password?

• Hello, Eugene,

yes, I changed the default password to blank password, and it worked.

As I was unable to establish connection with my Trados Studio instance, I uninstalled TBM6 completely and then found out that I haven't saved the installer file for an eventual later reinstallation.

I checked my Trados Account and the file isn't available for download there, although I believe it should be. I onla have the licence, but can't reinstall TBM6. Can you pls tell me where to find the installer file? Perhaps a fresh installation will solve all my problems.

Thanks and rgds

Stpojan Brajkovič

• Hi Stojan,

I have some news. After updating Studio to latest version, I'm also not able to connect Studio to TBM anymore. Have to work on this and probably release a new version of the plugin.

As for installer, latest version can be taken from here:

update.sdl.com/.../trados_business_manager_desktop_6.1.23.exe

• Hello, Eugene,

So, this is really encouraging, at least, I'm happy I haven't been making mistakes so far, and so it is not my fault.

I will appreciate it if you could release a new version of the plugin asap.

Thanks for your kind support and have a nice day,

Stojan