Sales person and Responsible person

Why does TBM get the Sales person and Responsible person from the Vendor list and not from the user base? I can't quite grasp why it was built this way ?
If, for example, you want to assign a Sales person (who already has an account in the system) to a given Quote then you still have to create a Vendor, which is lost and confusing in my opinion, as a rule a Vendor is more like an Interpreter. Can I ask you to elaborate on your doubts ? perhaps I misunderstand these fields ?

Regards,
Patryk

emoji
  • Hi Patryk,

Vendor is a person who can do some work. User is a login to the system. User can be linked with vendor.

When you select responsible person (or sales person), it must be selected from the Vendor list, because same person can be selected as a person actually doing work (completing assignment tasks). So, fully sure that we have correct approach here.

There are different types of vendors: freelancer, organization and staff. Last one means that a vendor is a part of our team, and only vendors of this type can be selected as responsible persons (in other words, project managers).

Still not sure why it raised doubts for you?

emoji