New Release for Trados Business Manager Lite version 5 (Build 5.1.0, released on 10 September 2019)
The Trados Business Manager Lite version 126.96.36.199 (referred to as "Business Manager Lite") release addresses the following:
- The plugin name has changed to SDL Trados Business Manager Lite. This lead to a change of the default storage for the database and log files which is now located at Documents\SDL Trados Business Manager\TradosDatabase. If you find anything left in the old location (Documents\BaccS\TradosDatabase) after updating, please remove it manually.
- The plugin is now fully localized into the following languages: Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian and Spanish. The plugin language is automatically set according to the selected UI language in SDL Trados Studio.
- When switching to the Business Manager view the 'Main data and contact info' tab is opened instead of 'Invoice/quote settings' by default.
- In the language list we have added a new column, 'Alternative codes'. This allows the user to specify language codes which might be be used by other CAT tools.
- In the Fuzzy type list we have removed the 'Fuzzy match' column and added a 'Synonyms' column. This allows the user to specify all the 'codes' for a particular fuzzy type which could be used in the analysis reports that are produced by different CAT tools.
- In the Unit and Services list we have added a 'Factor' column which allows the user to calculate the average volume of projects which contain tasks of different types (different services, units, fuzzy types). This factor supports the calculation of the "average volume' of a project, which could be used in charts for a better presentation of the work that has been done.
- The plugin now supports Studio's TellMe functionality (use Alt-Q to access this), allowing you to quickly switch to invoices, quotes, view the log file, open the forum to ask a question or find the plugin documentation.
Business Manager Projects
- We have added the possibility to add custom projects that can optionally be linked with a Studio project. This improves the use of the plugin as it is no longer restricted to working with projects only created in SDL Trados Studio.
- We have added support for the import of analysis reports produced by SDL Trados Studio, memoQ, Deja Vu X3 and Lionbridge Translation Workspace. These can be used with the new feature above.
- We have added support for the creation of additional chargeable tasks to SDL Trados Studio projects. These could be a project management charge, DTP or delivery of hard copy documents for example.
- We have enhanced the project editing form so the 'Term' column/field now includes time (hours and minutes).
- We resolved an issue in the calculation of average volumes and estimated amounts.
- When using the 'Recalc. wordcount' the plugin now shows the calculation results after the calculation.
- In the 'Languages' column, if a value in the cell contains long text (because the project has multiple languages), a special symbol (three dots) will be displayed to indicate that a text is truncated. The full text can be viewed by hovering the mouse pointer over the cell.
- The 'Estimated amount' now shows a value for projects with empty customers. The Global price list is used for the calculation.
- We have added support for retrieving analysis data on single-file projects. For such projects, Business Manager Lite will also calculate the average volume and estimated amounts.
Quotes and Invoices
- We have fixed the default fuzzy scheme selection seen when showing a dialog from the project list during the creation of a quote or invoice.
- Added support for electronic invoicing, currently Poland and Italy
- We have added support for exporting any chart, grid or pivot table. This is achieved by using a right click and then select 'Print'.
- We resolved an issue with the fixed percentage display on all charts.
- We resolved some display/calculation issues with Unpaid and Paid invoice charts.
- In the 'Total invoices of all time' display we have fixed the bars to ensure they display the total amount instead of the amounts for individual invoices.
- In the 'Volumes by specializations' the small pie charts are now grouped into a single pie called 'Other' making the charts more usable.
- We have added the possibility for the user to export and import layouts in repx format. These can be used for exchanging templates between users.
- We have resolved an issue where when cloning a template an exception was sometime shown.
Downloading and Installing
There is no automatic update for Business Manager Lite, so you will need to download the plugin from your MySDL Account and save it to your desktop. Double-click the plugin file and follow the on-screen instructions to download and apply the update.