Trados Business Manager provides extensive integration with Language Cloud, relatively new cloud-based translation management platform, which allows to manage translation work on a new level. Although some of functionalities of Business Manager and Language Cloud are intersecting, main focus of these two systems is different.
For now, Language Cloud focuses on a translation process, and in general the process looks like this:
- Uploading files
- Processing files and converting them inti translatable format
- Preparing an analysis report
- Generating quote per pricing models, with following approval process by a client
- Planning project phases (i.e., translation, proofreading, DTP)
- Actual translation (using MT, Online editor and other capabilities)
- Generation of target files
The whole process is controlled using smart UI based on tasks which allows users to focus on ongoing tasks.
Functionalities offered by Business Manager, which are currently (at time of writing - 19 Feb 2021) missing in Language Cloud (which, however, could be implemented in future in Language Cloud):
- Invoices and payments, including invoice forms customization, batch invoicing, invoicing thresholds, multicurrency and partial payments. Includes invoices to clients and invoices from vendors.
- Quote templates customization
- Vendor and customer profiles (with full description of default taxes, invoicing rules, supported languages and domains, days of unavailability, etc.)
- Vendor selection mechanism (based on previous ratings, vendor groups, machine learning, live filtering, price comparison and other means which help to choose candidates)
- Fully customizable productivity and finance reporting
- Security system to control access at entity- and field levels
- Possibility to register and account jobs which cannot be registered within Language Cloud (for example, interpreting)
- Electronic invoices (which are now in test mode)
- Customization of list views and data entry forms on a user/role level
- Invoicing for vendors through vendor portal
- Possibility to separate project word counts from actual project cost, which could be calculated based on different units
- Possibility to calculate payments to vendors based on work time and as percentage from amount of a source job
In other words, Business Manager focuses on actual control of the translation process and its financial parts.
In nested articles of this section you will find detailed information about existing integration possibilities between Language Cloud and Business Manager.