Trados Team – 21.12.1 Release
We have just released the latest update to Trados Team and its capabilities.
With this post, we would like to share the newly delivered features now available to you. No actions needed on your side, as new features and updates continue to be available automatically in your account.
So, just login to Trados Team and get access to them right away.
Support for Microsoft .NET software binary formats, including real-time preview
We have introduced a new file type addressing software localization use cases, which represents a significant shift for file type support in the Trados platform. We are referring to the new Microsoft .NET Libraries file type. At the time of writing, this file type supports Winforms- and WPF-based libraries in both the 4.x and 5.x generations of the .NET platform and features a real-time preview in Trados Online Editor (Winforms only at the time of writing). Support for .NET 6 (as released in November 2021 by Microsoft) and for WPF real-time preview is planned for the future as part of our continuous product update cycles. To enable this file type in existing file type configurations, select Add New File Type and select .NET Libraries from the dropdown menu.
This enables DLL and EXE files to be submitted for localization and previewed in the Online Editor.
We have now changed the E-Mail system, reducing the number of e-mails that are sent for task notifications. While previously you received one e-mail per task, we now aggregate the notifications into one e-mail by event. This significantly reduces the number of e-mails that are sent by the system.
Note: As part of this change certain e-mails are now sent with a 10-minute aggregation period.
Batch download/upload improvements
We have introduced a number of enhancements to the Batch download and upload functionality based on user feedback. These include:
- The possibility to replace files without selecting the tasks first, but selecting a project for which the user wants to upload the files
- Increased limit of selectable items in inbox to 2500 from Inbox -> New Tasks screen, Inbox -> Active
- Possibility to download files without selecting tasks or selecting only one task
- Added support for Terminology APIs, including:
- Termbase templates List/Get/Create/Update/Delete
- Termbases List/Get/Create/Update/Delete
- Termbase Entries and Terms List/Get/Create/Update/Delete
- Various bugfixes
More details: https://languagecloud.sdl.com/lc/api-docs/whatsnew
- Improved Dashboard, that now loads significantly faster than previously
- Introduced support for InDesign and InCopy 2022 filetypes
- Translation Engine details are now visible in linguistic tasks from Inbox → Task details → Translation Engine
- In Project details → Stages, Project managers can now reclaim a task to assign the task back to the original list of assignees
- Child locations can now be included in the location filter
- Files can now be cancelled in batch from the Project details → Files view
- Task history now show the due date
- Group membership is now shown in the Customers view
- A select all checkbox per column was introduced in Project details → Stages view
- Various bug fixes and UX enhancements
We hope this post was informative, and we look forward to continuing to provide you with updates to the product.
Product Management – RWS Language Cloud