wsxz packages in Trados Team

Hi all,

I was wondering how to handle wsxz packages for Trados Team cloud.

I tried importing the wsxz as source file, but it is set as Reference, and cannot be opened with the cloud project.

If I open it in Trados Studio, I cannot upload it to the cloud.

Any thoughts?

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,

Giannis

emoji
Parents
  • Hi Giannis,
    there is no File Type to handle WSXZ outside of Studio, and even there it requires the WorldServer compatibility plugin. And being a package format, it is not a file type per se but rather a zip-compressed archive with multiple files within. Among these files are the SDLXLIFF files, which you can upload as a source file (having unzipped the WSXZ package using any Zip tool), but you are left then with the question of what to do with the other files, which can be a project TM (can be multiple), TQA settings, TM penalty settings and optionally others depending on what is configured in the WorldServer instance that created the WSXZ package. Of course the package handling in Studio with the WS plugin takes care of all these additional files automatically, importing TMs, setting penalties, importing the termbase, etc. So Studio offers the simplest (and most automated) approach for working with WSXZ packages.

Ray

emoji
  • Hi Ray,

Thank you for looking into this.

We need all our projects without any exception on the cloud, so this doesn't work.

I hope there will be an actual solution developed for this, as it's rather inconvenient to use workarounds, especially for such new products and services.

Best,

Giannis

emoji
Reply Children
No Data