TM update/synchronisation between Trados Live and Studio 2021

Hi, I'm a Studio 2021 user who's recently started using Trados Live and my question is: does a TM I have in Studio and which I've incorporated into a Trados Live Translation Engine update automatically into Trados Live every time I work on it in Studio? I'm asking because it seems it doesn't. How do I keep my TMs constantly updated and synchronised between Trados Live and Studio? Thank you, Nic

Parents
  • Hi Nic,

Any TM you create in the browser and add to the translation engine should be updated in real-time as you confirm segments in Studio. If you have a local file based TM in parallel in your project, then it won't be synchronized with the cloud TM; they are two separate entities. However, you can in Studio tick the "Update" box for both the local and cloud TM (which is part of the engine) and then both will be updated at the same time. So - it depends a bit on your ways of working - perhaps you can provide a few more details on how you work and hopefully we can give you more advice around this.

Thanks, Daniel

• Hi Daniel,

thank you for getting back to me, I'll give you a few more details: I have a local file-based TM in Studio that I work with on a daily basis, which I have also imported on Trados Live as part of a translation engine.

My question was how to make sure the cloud TM in question is kept up to date with the results of my daily work on the Studio (off the cloud) file-based TM. I understand from your suggestion that this can be done by ticking on the 'Update' box in Studio, but I'm not sure where to find it (I'm not such a proficient user ...).

Is the box to be found after I open a TM on the local (off the cloud) Studio editor, as per the example below? If so, where?

I can see a 'Migrate Local TMs to Cloud' button, but I don't want to export the TM to the cloud (it's already there), I simply want to synchronise the latest version of the file-based TM with its counterpart in the cloud - so that the next time I decide to use Trados Live instead of my local Studio, the TM is fully up-to-date.

Thank you for your help,

Nic

Screenshot of Trados Studio interface showing a translation memory (TM) editor with a 'Migrate Local TMs to Cloud' button and various translation segments in English and Spanish.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 7:20 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  • Hi Daniel,

thank you for getting back to me, I'll give you a few more details: I have a local file-based TM in Studio that I work with on a daily basis, which I have also imported on Trados Live as part of a translation engine.

My question was how to make sure the cloud TM in question is kept up to date with the results of my daily work on the Studio (off the cloud) file-based TM. I understand from your suggestion that this can be done by ticking on the 'Update' box in Studio, but I'm not sure where to find it (I'm not such a proficient user ...).

Is the box to be found after I open a TM on the local (off the cloud) Studio editor, as per the example below? If so, where?

I can see a 'Migrate Local TMs to Cloud' button, but I don't want to export the TM to the cloud (it's already there), I simply want to synchronise the latest version of the file-based TM with its counterpart in the cloud - so that the next time I decide to use Trados Live instead of my local Studio, the TM is fully up-to-date.

Thank you for your help,

Nic

Screenshot of Trados Studio interface showing a translation memory (TM) editor with a 'Migrate Local TMs to Cloud' button and various translation segments in English and Spanish.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 7:20 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Children