Some insights onf my experiencie with Language Cloud

Dear Colleagues:

Hi, it's nice to e-greet you again! Martin here, I've been a member of the Beta community for a while now thanks to the amazing , yayy!

After a while, today I've decided to do a re-take on my Language Cloud experience, and after some 1000 confirmed words, here are some of my observations. I hope this is the right place to post this.

First of all, I'm trying to go slowly, and my overall impression is I really like it Smiley

I noted that I can't find some of the features that I'm very used to deploying in the desktop app and I have noticed some unusual behaviors. I understand that probably some of the features mentioned are there somewhere and I will eventually find them just with usage or after some research, please note that this is only my first (constructive) impression. Here I go:

Stuff I haven't found (yet):
Autopropagation settings: prompt user before propagating; automatically retrieving newly translated 100% matches to draft segments upon clicking on them

View word count inside Editor next to percentage / Confirmation statistics view or tab in the file or projects section
Center active row (event at times the active segment remains out of sight)
Fragment matching and Autosuggest settings
Highlight text across segments not available

Some unusual behaviors I have observed:
Ctrl End takes you to the final position of the segment vs. Ctrl Shift End takes you to the final position of the current line (same with Home). Sometimes it works like this or "exchanged" and sometimes it works just like in Windows.
Text color when there is highlight: I have played with the viewing options (white, light, dark). My text had some grey text highlighted in white (ridiculous, right?, haha) and at first I saw everything white in the Editor segment. After toggling viewing modes (white, light, dark) and closing and opening again, it kind of normalized (white background with grey text, best viewed in white mode).
Source text contextual menu (right clic on highlighted text): upong slecting text, right clic deselects and shows up contextual menu; only works with keyboard contextual menu button (right hand on the Windows keyboard next to the Ctrl key); also, there is specifically a very useful shortcut for "Google lookup" that I have tried, maybe a default keyboard shortcut will help a lot; target segment ok but no Google shortcut
Source segment: clic to position cursor or double clic to select element (word or other): not working (at least today); if I want to select text I need to specifically slide the cursor over it and then it selects
Cursor sometimes gets stuck at end or beginning of segment (specifically, I cant move to the next or previous segment with the arrow keys, only with mouse)

That's if for now. Please let me know if this is of your interest or if it's too much.

Thanks for the attention and have a great weekend!

Martín

emoji