Cannot open resource template

I've just installed Trados Studio 2022 - 17.0.2.11672

I cannot open resource templates

When I try to open a resource template this is the dialog which is displayed, this is to open a translation memory, not a resource template

Screenshot of Trados Studio 2022 dialog box titled 'Open File-based Translation Memory' with an empty file list, indicating no resource templates found in the 'resources' directory.

The only way I could open it is from file manager, with double click, after I associated the file extension .resource with Trados

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 2:00 PM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  •  

I'm not sure what to say about this.  It looks like the wrong window altogether.  I just tried it I get this:

Screenshot of Trados Studio's 'Open Language Resource Template' window showing an empty list of translation memories with a message 'No items match your search.'

The correct window.

I think if you can reproduce this all the time that a reset is in order and "maybe" it will help as it often cures odd behaviour.

Rename this folder (just add _old to the end or something, it's not important what you rename it to) and restart Studio:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Trados\Trados Studio\Studio17

So the path would become this:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Trados\Trados Studio\Studio17_ol

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
  •  

I'm not sure what to say about this.  It looks like the wrong window altogether.  I just tried it I get this:

Screenshot of Trados Studio's 'Open Language Resource Template' window showing an empty list of translation memories with a message 'No items match your search.'

The correct window.

I think if you can reproduce this all the time that a reset is in order and "maybe" it will help as it often cures odd behaviour.

Rename this folder (just add _old to the end or something, it's not important what you rename it to) and restart Studio:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Trados\Trados Studio\Studio17

So the path would become this:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Trados\Trados Studio\Studio17_ol

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
Children
  • Hi Paul,

I tried what you suggested and more, I deleted every directory related to Trados in appdata, I deleted every reference to Trados in regedit, then I reinstalled Trados

the issue remains the same, the wrong window opens

there is something wrong with the registration of the .resource file

after a fully clean reinstallation the .resource file is associated with nothing

when I double click I get this message

Error message stating 'This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page.'

Then I tried to associate the .resource extension with Trados

I double click, Trados opens, however the resource template this time is not displayed

At last I created a new resource template with the same name, then I replaced it with the existing one in the windows file manager, and now it looks like I finally can use it

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text