"Unable to run "Sdl.Desktop.Platform.CommandBarsIActionService" message during plugin installation

I have just purchased the Trados 2024 Freelance and installed, but soon encountered a problem. I downloaded two plugins (openAI.. and another one) and Trados restarted to install them. However, a message appeared in the middle of restarting that "Unable to run "Sdl.Desktop.Platform.CommandBarsIActionService"" With this message, Trados stopped restarting in the middle. I would appreciate swift response because I'm in the middle of a translation project. Thank you.  

emoji
Parents Reply
  •  

I installed the plugins that were suggested within the panel of Trados according to the instruction, so it must be compatible.

Which plugins would these be?  OpenAI is already provided with 2024, so there is no need to install it separately.  There is no need to download and install them again unless Trados Studio specifically asks you to in the notifications panel.

Please delete these folders and restart Studio to make sure it starts:

%APPDATA%\Trados\Trados Studio\18\Plugins

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Trados\Trados Studio\18\Plugins

c:\ProgramData\Trados\Trados Studio\18\Plugins

%APPDATA%\Trados\Trados Studio\Studio18

If everything starts up ok then reinstall the apps you wanted ONLY by using the integrated appstore.  Let us know if you don't know how to do that.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children
No Data