Reverting files to SDLXLIFF Error

Error message in Trados Studio stating 'Failed to revert files to SDLXLIFF. The 'UserId' property on 'LanguageFileVersionComplex' could not be set to a 'null' value. You must set this property to a non-null value of type 'Guid'.

I'm trying to revert a file that has been completed but whenever I press the button to revert, it'll give me this error.

Anyone have any idea?

I didn't create this project/file. It was created by someone who doesn't work at our company anymore on Trados Groupshare.

It was archived so I brought it back and turned it back to in progress but it will only give me that error.

I've encountered the same problem with another project that was in the same cirsumstances.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 10:14 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
  • Hello,

Based on your description, it seems like you're encountering an issue when trying to revert a file to SDLXLIFF in Trados GroupShare. Here's a step-by-step guide on how you can resolve this:

Step 1: Recreate the project in Trados Studio. Please note that this is only possible with Professional versions of Trados Studio.

Step 2: If you can't recreate the project in Trados Studio, you can recreate the project in the Trados GroupShare web interface and add a dummy file instead of the bilingual DOCX file.

Step 3: Once the project has been created, add the bilingual SDLXLIFF file. Here's how you can do this:

- Open the project in Trados Studio.

- Click 'Add Files' in the 'File Actions' section of the Home ribbon bar (at the top of the screen).

- Locate the bilingual DOCX file and then double-click it.

- Click the newly added file to select it.

- Click 'Batch Tasks' on the ribbon bar, and then choose 'Prepare without project TM'.

- Click 'Next', 'Next', 'Finish' and then 'Close'.

- Right-click the file and choose 'Check In'. Then click the 'Check In' button.

- Switch to a target language in the 'Files' section on the left-hand side of the screen.

You should now be able to check out and work on the file as usual.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji