Passolo 2022 on Windows 11 crashes on import/export of SDLXLIFF

My colleague previously posted a thread about the same issue, but with Passolo 2018:

https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/passolo/f/passolo-general/52421/passolo-2018-installed-on-windows-11-crashes-on-import-export/168306?focus=true

Summary: When we work in an existing Passolo project, and try to import an SDLXLIFF, Passolo crashes without warning. Sometimes it happens with an export, sometimes not. (We have a team of 5 people testing it out and get some slightly different behavior, but everyone has issues with the SDLXLIFF import.)

It was previously marked as fixed, but the fix was temporary. The solution was to reset the Passolo settings by deleting a certain folder. That only works for that first Passolo session after deleting the folder. The second time you open Passolo, the same crash will happen again. We would have to keep deleting that folder everytime we use Passolo.

So we decided to try upgrading to Passolo 2022. First we did a 2 week trial -- everyone on my team tested it out thoroughly and had NO PROBLEMS.

We purchased Passolo 2022, along with 3 add-ins (that we did not have during the trial). Now, the SAME ISSUE has come back for us with Passolo 2022! We are getting the crashes again for anything with SDLXLIFF imports/exports.

My thought is that it might be related to an add-in, but even when we don't have them loaded, we still have the issue. 

At this point it's very frustrating that we're always having to deal with these crashes.

We've checked the system requirements against what we have installed on our computers multiple times, we don't see anything that could be missing.

Any help or other ideas to try would be wonderful!

emoji
Parents Reply Children
No Data