SDLXliff Compare and Post-Edit Compare not working properly with sdlxliff files made from json?

Hello,

I have been trying to compare sdlxliff files for which the source format is json, but I keep getting errors in Studio 2017 and in Studio 2019, both with SDLXliff Compare and Post-Edit Compare.

1. SDL Trados Studio 2019 15.1.3.55768, Post-Edit Compare version 4.5 : it takes a lot of time to generate the file, and at the end I get a message saying "Input string was in incorrect format" (loosely translated), or "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in some cases. However there is still hope as I have been able to get a few compare files with the default settings in the app, but some ulterior attempts on the same files did not work, oddly enough (with the same settings).
  2. SDL Trados Studio 2019 15.1.3.55768, SDLXliff Compare version 1.3 : I get a compare file in a few seconds, but it only compares the first segment of the file.
  3. SDL Trados Studio 2017, Post-Edit Compare version 4.0 : "Input string was in incorrect format" (loosely translated).
  4. SDL Trados Studio 2017, SDLXliff Compare version 1.0 : I get a compare file in a few seconds, but it only compares the first segment of the file.

Any idea what may cause these issues, and how to solve them? Any ideas of other tools to recommend to compare sdlxliff files?

Thanks in advance,

Émile

Parents Reply Children
No Data