Studio 2021 + DeepL - Error

Hi all,

A colleague of mine installed Studio 2021 and wanted to add the DeepL plugin.

Her Studio version is 16.0.1.2917, and we just downloaded and installed the current plugin (version 5.8.17.1).

The error message is:

<SDLErrorDetails time="07.09.2020 09:42:01">
  <ErrorMessage>Der Wert darf nicht NULL sein.
Parametername: source</ErrorMessage>
  <Exception>
    <Type>System.ArgumentNullException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
    <ParamName>source</ParamName>
    <HelpLink />
    <Source>System.Core</Source>
    <HResult>-2147467261</HResult>
    <StackTrace><![CDATA[   bei System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   bei Sdl.Community.DeepLMTProvider.DeepLTranslationProviderConnecter.GetLanguage(CultureInfo culture, List`1 languageList)
   bei Sdl.Community.DeepLMTProvider.DeepLMtTranslationProvider.GetSupportedTargetLanguages(LanguagePair[] languagePairs)
   bei Sdl.Community.DeepLMTProvider.DeepLMtTranslationProviderWinFormsUI.Browse(IWin32Window owner, LanguagePair[] languagePairs, ITranslationProviderCredentialStore credentialStore)
   bei Sdl.TranslationStudio.Common.TranslationMemory.TranslationMemoriesControl.pluginContextMenuStripItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)]]></StackTrace>
  </Exception>
  <Environment>
    <ProductName>SDL Trados Studio</ProductName>
    <ProductVersion>Studio16</ProductVersion>
    <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>16.0.1.2917</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
    <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Home</OperatingSystem>
    <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
    <OperatingSystemLanguage>1031</OperatingSystemLanguage>
    <CodePage>1252</CodePage>
    <LoggedOnUser>BüroPC\Elke</LoggedOnUser>
    <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
    <ComputerName>BÜROPC</ComputerName>
    <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
    <PhysicalMemory>8277272 MB</PhysicalMemory>
  </Environment>
</SDLErrorDetails>

What could be wrong here?

Thanks for any help!

Best

Annette (from Manfred's account)

Parents
  • I'm having the same issue since yesterday on a fresh 2021 installation.
    Tried to solve it alone, but no luck with this one.

btw. I just noticed that the problem is also present on my 2019 version.

• Hi Hans, hi everyone,

After a few investigations on my own, I tried reverting to the previous version of the Deepl plugin (version 5.8.16.0) and I am no longer experiencing this problem.

The problem seems to come from the last version of the Deepl plugin (5.8.17.1), which could explain that you are facing the same problem with Studio 2019 with this plugin.

Hope this helps,

Thanks Paul for your kind reply and investigations, and best of luck

Regards,

Gilles

• Thanks for your investigation.  I actually believe the problem is related to the API key provided by DeepL not supporting the use of the languages endpoint provided by DeepL in their AP documentation. The last update we released, among other things, changed the way we get the languages to avoid having to release new versions every time DeepL add a new language which is better for you, and for us.  They provided an endpoint we can use for this and it works with the API key they provided to us for developing the plugin.

However, this morning (out of desperation because we could not reproduce this problem you are all having at all) I purchased a Pro subscription with DeepL so I went through the same process as you do.  With my new API key the integration fails and I get the same error as you.

So, good that we now know where the problem is coming from.  We have reported this to DeepL and are awaiting their response.  I'm hopeful they will be able to resolve this at their end by allowing the keys to access the same endpoints available in their API.  If they can't then we will change the plugin again and release a new version.  We don't want to roll back because there are other important changes in this release that are needed by some users.

• Thanks for your investigation.  I actually believe the problem is related to the API key provided by DeepL not supporting the use of the languages endpoint provided by DeepL in their AP documentation. The last update we released, among other things, changed the way we get the languages to avoid having to release new versions every time DeepL add a new language which is better for you, and for us.  They provided an endpoint we can use for this and it works with the API key they provided to us for developing the plugin.

However, this morning (out of desperation because we could not reproduce this problem you are all having at all) I purchased a Pro subscription with DeepL so I went through the same process as you do.  With my new API key the integration fails and I get the same error as you.

So, good that we now know where the problem is coming from.  We have reported this to DeepL and are awaiting their response.  I'm hopeful they will be able to resolve this at their end by allowing the keys to access the same endpoints available in their API.  If they can't then we will change the plugin again and release a new version.  We don't want to roll back because there are other important changes in this release that are needed by some users.

Children