When will the plugin for DeepL support glossary?

DeepL added glossary support in their API sometimes in the last year or so.  See https://www.deepl.com/docs-api/managing-glossaries/

When could we expect the plugin to support that option, including the ability to manage the upload/download/deletion of glossaries since they are different from the one used in the Web page.

Thanks.

emoji
Parents Reply Children
  • Thank you Paul.   I am looking forward to when the RWS team has the time to work on this.   Let's make sure the sentiment analysis parser of this forum agrees that we ended this discussion on a positive note!

We do have a dev Team in our company that can help with tooling for translation.  They are very busy with many other things we ask them to do for us, but I will get their opinion on how hard it is to work on one of these plugins on GitHub.    There is another plugin we are really trying to make work for us, it's the GoogleCloud_n_Glossary for Studio 2019, but that one is not opensource and we are trying to see with the developer why it's not working for us (it forgets its credential every time you reopen the project or start from a template).  In the end, we may end up coding this ourselves or asking someone to do that for us.  Perhaps there is a way to start from the latest MT Enhanced Plugin for Studio 2021 and see if we could down port it to support Studio 2019, which is the version we must use.  I know that one is open sourced.  Do you, by any chance, know why the support for the Google Advanced API (v3) was not brought to the plugin version for Studio 2019?  Was there a technical limitation?

emoji
  • Let's make sure the sentiment analysis parser of this forum agrees that we ended this discussion on a positive note!

An excellent idea :-)

Do you, by any chance, know why the support for the Google Advanced API (v3) was not brought to the plugin version for Studio 2019?  Was there a technical limitation?

From memory I believe we used libraries that were introduced in 2021 and that was the main reason we decided not to maintain it for 2019 as well.  You could still use the base code but would probably have to rewrite parts of it so it was supported properly in 2019.  Given we are moving to 2022 shortly we'll be focusing on ensuring support for 2021 and 2022.

emoji