My Memory

In SDL store, following RWS platform probems, I cannot find anymore "My Memory" a useful plugin?What is the situation?

Best Regards

Francis

emoji
Parents Reply Children
  •   

where do you see "many" of the Community member still feeling uncomfortable about this

(the Private Appstore)? By reading hundreds of RWS Community e-mails (I was ±1,000 e-mails late!). How? Through the number of times you must remind the link to the Private Appstore wiki in this forum.

recent?

Over the last 30 day period.

what you think we should do about this?

You sure know better than meWink. I may be wrong, but I do not believe that the creation of this Private Appstore was a long-planned operation; I would rather favour an emergency remedy for some serious failure of the good old "public" Appstore.

emoji
  •  

I do not believe that the creation of this Private Appstore was a long-planned operation

The capability in Studio to use a Private AppStore was definitely planned.  The use of the Private AppStore for everyone was not planned.  However, it fulfills its puprose in terms of the Studio integration completely.  Once we have all the apps back there is really no difference for users at all.

In terms of being able to download other types of apps you're right.  But we are also working on this at the moment and should have a new website that will actually draw from the Private AppStore and allow us to host more types of apps there.

So the "good old Public AppStore" will in fact be provided in full by the Private AppStore concept, but a more sophisticated version of it that we have been working on.

Through the number of times you must remind the link to the Private Appstore wiki in this forum.

Bound to have happened to begin with but for a few recent releases of Studio the setup in already there when you install.  So I don't see the fact this is a "Private AppStore" as being relevant at all anymore.

I was ±1,000 e-mails late!

Indeed.

emoji