Table of Contents
The AppStore is a brilliant feature available to Trados Studio users and is well integrated into the product (for Trados Studio 2021 onwards) making it easy for users to find, download, install, uninstall and update the apps they are using. There is one problem however... the current public AppStore became unavailable after a server outage in June 2022. The AppStore was built by SDL on a platform that is used for many things at RWS and as a result of the changes that are needed to ensure the outage that was experienced is properly addressed it is not possible to turn this back on in it's current form. However, we have resolved this for all Trados Studio users by creating a private AppStore that can be configured in the settings for the Trados Studio integration. This wiki explains how this is done.
Opening the Integrated AppStore
To do this you need to open the integrated AppStore feature which you can do in two ways:
Both of these links take you to here where you will find that the AppStore returns a blank page:
Setting up the Private AppStore
In order to find the apps available to you go to your settings and configure the Private AppStore:
- Uncheck the "RWS AppStore"
- Check the "Private AppStore"
- Add the "Repository name"
- Add the "Repository url"
- Make sure you enable the new "Private AppStore" by checking the box next to the repository name
For the details use these:
Repository name: Private AppStore (but you can call this whatever you like)
Repository url: https://studio-appstore-api-trial.azurewebsites.net (this must be exactly as written here)
Once you've done this you can go back to the AppStore view and you should now see something like this:
Important points to note
- only sdlplugin files can be installed directly from the appstore integration. If this is possible you will see these icons/buttons:
- if the file is a zip and not an sdlplugin then you can download it to your desktop, which you do with these icons:
- If the developer doesn't provide RWS with the installers then it is not currently possible for us to provide them via the integrated appstore
- If you have older versions of Trados Studio then you may find older versions of the apps in the wiki pages, like this for example: Archived Versions: Wordlight
If the app you are looking for is not available then please post into the AppStore forum (link below) and ask the question, we may be able to help.
If you have any questions, or need help with making this work, please ask in the community forums. This one is specifically for questions around the AppStore: