Trados spell check not recognising terms to do with the female body

Just thought I'd throw this out there - it would be nice if the Trados built-in spellchecker could be upgraded so that it actually recognises some pretty common everyday terms surrounding women's health and the female body. See image: https://ibb.co/DRmh9XQ

emoji
Parents
  • Hi Hannah,

I don't work for RWS but thought I'd tell you that you can add your Word spellchecker to Studio via File>Options, here:

This means that any technical words present in your Word dictionary will also be present when you're spellchecking in Studio. I typed out your list of words in Microsoft Word and was surprised they were all present. Many of the technical words I use aren't because I work in the HEVAC sector.

I use the Hunspell dictionary because I like it but as I'm a technical translator and proofreader, I systematically have to add a lot of technical terminology as I come across it (would also have to do this in Word). I run my verifications and spellcheck at the end of each job and ignore the words underlined before that. Wink

You can of course create and add Custom Dictionaries too...

All the best,

Ali Slight smile

emoji
  • Hi Hannah,

I don't work for RWS but thought I'd tell you that you can add your Word spellchecker to Studio via File>Options, here:

This means that any technical words present in your Word dictionary will also be present when you're spellchecking in Studio. I typed out your list of words in Microsoft Word and was surprised they were all present. Many of the technical words I use aren't because I work in the HEVAC sector.

I use the Hunspell dictionary because I like it but as I'm a technical translator and proofreader, I systematically have to add a lot of technical terminology as I come across it (would also have to do this in Word). I run my verifications and spellcheck at the end of each job and ignore the words underlined before that. Wink

You can of course create and add Custom Dictionaries too...

All the best,

Ali Slight smile

emoji
Children
No Data