SDL Language Cloud Termbase either Returns No Terms or All Terms

Among other issues ( Adaptive TM not working nor Uplift), I have tried just about every setting imaginable (variants of character based or linguistic based search) and the SDL Language Cloud Termbase either returns nothing or seemingly every term in my Termbase, most of which are completely irrelevant to the source segment.  I am not sure if the fact that the Portuguese language has "de" in a large majority of the terms or what...

I did rename the file in the SDL folder (.old) which did force me to login again, but the problem continues.

In addition the adaptive TM which should be using the terms in my Language cloud Termbase does not do so.

Tertiary, is the fact that I have long given up on Uplift actually working...

A wee bit frustrated....

I am using Trados 2017 all updated and I set the Language Cloud TB as the default TB, so I could as terms as I go... If that makes a diference.

Parents
  • Hello Jerel R. Pulicicchio (JerelR. Pulicicchio)

I think there are two separate issues herewhich are unconnected.

1) Translation memory & 2) Termbase

1) Translation Memory

This following video(s) shows how you need to set up your (Adaptive) MT engine correctly (via settings)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7qNIsHGtMk

www.youtube.com/watch

2) Termbase

As I am sure you are aware, our Language Cloud based Termbase (still a beta model) is designed so that you can share your TermBase with others who of course need to be using Studio and also have a language cloud account.

The following video shows how to create the online Termbase and how you can share the TB

Are others who you are sharing your TermBase with experiencing the same problems?

If you are receiving either "nothing or everything" then maybe you could try changing the following settings-

Trados Studio Language Cloud Terminology settings dialog box with available termbases listed and term search and term recognition settings visible.

Does this help at all?

If not- I would be more than happy to set up a remote webex with you to have a look at this.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 5:09 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  • Both are configured correctly. I spent hours researching before posting here.

My objective here is not to share the TB, but rather force the Adaptive MT to use the terms in the TB.

Is there a configuration for the TermBase that you highlighted in green above, that you suggest? I have tried just about every variation I could imagine in those settings. By the way, I am not sure if it returns exactly 100% of the TB, but it is too many irrelevant terms to count, while missing the relevant ones.

I could do a webex on Thursday perhaps...
  • Hello Jerel R. Pulicicchio (JerelR. Pulicicchio) ,

I think here we should discuss this in a little more detail as its still unclear of what is required.

First of all, it is not possible to force Adaptive MT to use terms from a local Termbase (online or otherwise).

Termbase is a separate to MT Adaptive which should be seen as an extension to your TM

MT Adaptive works in the background (and in the cloud) and learns from the way you translate and in particular your own style- (as explained in the first video above).

You should be able to get results from your term base by doing the following in your Project Settings-

Trados Studio screenshot showing Project Settings window with Machine Translation settings and a pop-up message about AdaptiveMT Technology.

Does this help?

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
  • Hello Jerel R. Pulicicchio (JerelR. Pulicicchio) ,

I think here we should discuss this in a little more detail as its still unclear of what is required.

First of all, it is not possible to force Adaptive MT to use terms from a local Termbase (online or otherwise).

Termbase is a separate to MT Adaptive which should be seen as an extension to your TM

MT Adaptive works in the background (and in the cloud) and learns from the way you translate and in particular your own style- (as explained in the first video above).

You should be able to get results from your term base by doing the following in your Project Settings-

Trados Studio screenshot showing Project Settings window with Machine Translation settings and a pop-up message about AdaptiveMT Technology.

Does this help?

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
Children