Trados 2017, Manage Adaptive Engines greyed out.

Hello! The "Manage Adaptive Engines" button is greyed out, thus I cannot manage these Engines.
It is not possible to add either one of them to a project.

Any help?

Trados Studio screenshot showing Machine Translation with AdaptiveMT Technology settings. The 'Manage Adaptive Engines' button is greyed out and unclickable. Two language pairs are listed: Portuguese (Brazil) to English (United States) and English (United States) to Portuguese (Brazil), both using the Baseline engine.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 6:05 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • I assume you are still using the 2017 version of Trados?  With a more recent version you would not even be offered these choices because they no longer exist.  The "Manage Adaptive Engines" button is only relevant if you are choosing a particular trained engine... which doesn't exist anymore.  So you would just click on OK and I think you should at least be able to add the appropriate language pair to your project.

If not, I can't honestly say whether this is even supported or not because this was only available with the old statistical engines which are not available anymore as we replaced them with the more fluent neural machine translation engines.

emoji
  • I assume you are still using the 2017 version of Trados?  With a more recent version you would not even be offered these choices because they no longer exist.  The "Manage Adaptive Engines" button is only relevant if you are choosing a particular trained engine... which doesn't exist anymore.  So you would just click on OK and I think you should at least be able to add the appropriate language pair to your project.

If not, I can't honestly say whether this is even supported or not because this was only available with the old statistical engines which are not available anymore as we replaced them with the more fluent neural machine translation engines.

emoji
Children