Question about formal/informal tone option (for German).

Hello Trados,

I would like to have the option to choose German informal plural for MT. Do you offer that? Example: "You can" could be translated as "Sie können" (formal, singular and plural), "du kannst" (informal, singular) or "ihr könnt" (informal, plural). What I need most of the time is the latter, i. e. informal plural.

Best wishes

emoji
Parents Reply
  • I could not remember where I had seen it, but now I’ve found it. Go to Language Weaver and click the bell symbol; second piece of news:

<New! Linguistic Options are now supported.

NEWS
    When supported by a Language Pair, Linguistic Options will allow you to select from a pre-configured list of parameters to tailor the output of the Neural Machine Translation model to your needs.

For example, if supported by a Language Pair, you will be able to set the level of formality and choose between Formal or Informal.

Each Language Pair will support its own set of Linguistic Options and they can be selected at translation runtime. Your administrator will have the ability to enforce a default configuration for each Language Pair.

From the Translation Settings Screenshot of Trados Studio's Language Weaver section with a highlighted bell symbol indicating new updates., you will be able to configure the Linguistic Options based on your needs, or revert to the default account configuration, as set by your administrator.>
    emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 6:07 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Children