segmentation rules

Hello,

during pre-translation, Trados divide into segments sentences with soft return but only for Romanian language. I checked on the TM the segmentation rules and all seems to be ok

Trados Studio segmentation rules dialog box with 'Full stop rule' and 'Other terminating punctuation' listed under 'Regole di segmentazione' for Romanian language.

But in trados I see the segmentation divides in 2. What can I do?

(Indesign source file)

InDesign source file showing a sentence 'DAL CUORE DELLE ALPI VERSO IL MONDO' with a soft return causing a line break.

(Trados segmentation)

Trados Studio segment view splitting the sentence 'DAL CUORE DELLE ALPI VERSO IL MONDO' into two segments at the soft return.

Thank you!

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 6:27 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Hi

Does it only happen for IT/RO?
    What if you open it without a TM - as it remove any impact the TM segmentation may have
    For troubleshooting purposes, what happens if you open the file in EN-FR as an example

Reason for these questions is because there are other factors other than the TM segmentation rules, especially as there are layers in InDesign that could be impacting. 

What version of InDesign is your file? Reason I ask is because of the file type settings that can be explored to see if there is a setting that maybe impacting the segmentation.
    Example for INX there are some options around line breaks

Trados Studio options menu with 'Extract discretionary line breaks' checked under 'Common' settings for Adobe InDesign CS2-CS4 INX file type.

I really love the preview file, that allows for you to explore all the settings and their impact over segment.
    Once perfected then we can review the impact of the TM, if at all.

I hope this helps a bit

Have a good day

Lyds 

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 6:27 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  • Hello Lydia,

many thanks for your help!

Yes, it happens only with IT>RO and no with other languages pair. 

I modify the file type on Indesign INX (the version I use) as you suggested and without inserting the TM it works correctly. Then I create a new project with the same file type setting inserting the TM and it does NOT work. How can we review the impact on TM? I suppose the problem is the TM now...

Thanks

emoji
Reply Children