Language Weaver login issues

I have followed the instructions about how to use MT in Trados as per video link further below (kindly provided by Fran, at RWS Trados team), but when I get to the point where I need to log in at Language Weaver site, it says that I am not authorized to use LW, even though I have a permanent licence of Trados Studio 2024, which comes with free LW (ideally Edge, but happy to use Cloud if its the only option offered).

Also, I have added MT in my file, but this does not trigger pretranslation as soon as I open the file, and I have already ticked the box in Options - Edit - Automation to allow MT.

Finally, I am not allowed to Use Cloud-based Resources, but I can only add AnyTime Cloud-based Resources. 

Your help will be very much appreciated.

Gemma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhP-Q1m9gyk

emoji
Parents
  • Hi Lyds,

Thank you for taking the time to help me here.

I am EU based, yes. I have used the option to log in to Language Weaver as EU based and entered my user id and password. It does not accept it.

I think that it is like if don't have a valid Language Weaver account, even though I have a permanent licence for Trados Studio 2024 and I can log into my Studio account with no problem.

See below several screenshots to help you see my problem:

Language Weaver Cloud login screen with an email entered and a message indicating an inability to connect with a link to verify credentials.   Error message from Language Weaver Cloud stating 'Unauthorized 401' with a code 54 indicating an inability to generate the access token.

When I click on "Click here to verify your credentials" , and I log in with my Trados Studio 2024 user id and password, I get the following:

Language Weaver website with a red warning message stating the user is not allowed to login and should contact the administrator.

Then, in Studio 2024, when selecting MT, I do not see anything available under All Language Pairs - Translation Memory and MT - Cloud-based resources:

Trados Studio 2024 interface showing an empty list under Cloud-based Resources for Machine Translation with no available models.

So the only option that works is by selecting the one below, which pulls out a translation engine I created in the cloud. 

Dropdown menu in Trados Studio 2024 with options for AnyTM, including 'Any cloud-based resources...' and 'Language Weaver Provider'.

But then, that does not work either, although I have those resources active, they do not apply any MT on my file:

Trados Studio 2024 showing a created translation engine 'AnyTM: SAP EN-ES.sdlitm' in the cloud, but indicating it is not applying MT to the file.

Your help will be really appreciated.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 12:09 PM (GMT 1) on 22 Jul 2024]
  • Hi Lyds,

Thank you for taking the time to help me here.

I am EU based, yes. I have used the option to log in to Language Weaver as EU based and entered my user id and password. It does not accept it.

I think that it is like if don't have a valid Language Weaver account, even though I have a permanent licence for Trados Studio 2024 and I can log into my Studio account with no problem.

See below several screenshots to help you see my problem:

Language Weaver Cloud login screen with an email entered and a message indicating an inability to connect with a link to verify credentials.   Error message from Language Weaver Cloud stating 'Unauthorized 401' with a code 54 indicating an inability to generate the access token.

When I click on "Click here to verify your credentials" , and I log in with my Trados Studio 2024 user id and password, I get the following:

Language Weaver website with a red warning message stating the user is not allowed to login and should contact the administrator.

Then, in Studio 2024, when selecting MT, I do not see anything available under All Language Pairs - Translation Memory and MT - Cloud-based resources:

Trados Studio 2024 interface showing an empty list under Cloud-based Resources for Machine Translation with no available models.

So the only option that works is by selecting the one below, which pulls out a translation engine I created in the cloud. 

Dropdown menu in Trados Studio 2024 with options for AnyTM, including 'Any cloud-based resources...' and 'Language Weaver Provider'.

But then, that does not work either, although I have those resources active, they do not apply any MT on my file:

Trados Studio 2024 showing a created translation engine 'AnyTM: SAP EN-ES.sdlitm' in the cloud, but indicating it is not applying MT to the file.

Your help will be really appreciated.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 12:09 PM (GMT 1) on 22 Jul 2024]
Children
No Data