Cannot create new Termbase in Multiterm

Hi everyone,

I am new to Trados Studio and Multiterm.  I tried to create a new Termbase in Multiterm for several time but the message "Multiterm is unable to create the termbase. Not a vaild name" popped up.

May I ask how to solve this problem? 

regards

Jennifer 

emoji
Parents Reply
  •  

It might be a common feature, but it doesn't mean you don't have to learn how to work with it properly.  When you store large files such as Translation Memories (TMs) and Termbases in OneDrive, various synchronisation issues can arise.  These issues often stem from the nature of cloud storage and the way large files are handled during the sync process.  While some of these issues may be outside your control, there are several aspects you can manage to mitigate potential problems.  For example:

• Configure OneDrive to selectively sync folders that contain critical resources.  This can help avoid unnecessary data transfer and reduce the risk of sync conflicts.
    • Perhaps pause OneDrive syncing while actively working with large TMs and Termbases to prevent partial uploads or sync conflicts.
    • Maintain local backups of their TMs and Termbases to ensure data is not lost if a sync issue occurs. This practice helps in quickly restoring the resources without relying solely on cloud storage.

OneDrive is no different to any other backup system, and it has not been built with support for specific software in mind.  I have other software on my computer that uses large files, like Camtasia for example, and this has the same problem.  So I have to manage what I'm doing and use these backup solutions appropriately.

Trados does support you working in the cloud and we also provide you with cloud capabilities as part of your Trados licence.  But we don't support you working with shared drives as these are all tools that you can work with if you learn how to do this to support your needs.  They are not a one size fits all.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children