Cannot create Termbase in Multiterm

Hello

I am a new Trados Studio 2024 user.

When I tried to create a new termbase in Multiterm, the message "Multiterm is unable to create the termbase. Not a valid name." popped up.

What is the problem? How can I fix it?

Thank you.

emoji
  • Hello,

It seems like you're having trouble creating a new termbase in MultiTerm. The error message you're seeing usually occurs when the name of the termbase or the file path where it's being saved contains special characters or is too long. Here's how you can resolve this issue:

Step 1: Check if there are any updates for your Windows OS. You can do this by typing "Check for updates" in the Windows Search bar and selecting the option when it appears. Install any pending updates and restart your computer. Repeat these steps if necessary.

Step 2: Repair your installation of Trados Studio and MultiTerm from the Control Panel. You can refer to the articles "Repairing your installation of Trados Studio" and "Repairing your installation of MultiTerm Desktop" for detailed instructions.

Step 3: Change the name of the folder or the file path where the termbase is being saved to something simpler, without any special characters.

If you're still having trouble after following these steps, you may need to contact the RWS Support Team for further assistance. If you have a support contract, you can log in to the RWS Gateway with your RWS Account and click on the "Log a Case" button. If you don't have a support contract, you can request support through the Web Form for TP Licensing & Installation Issues.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji