in the Termbases-folder of MultiTerm only appears an xdt-file after converting an xls-file

Hey! I have one question: I converted an xls-file with terminology with the Glossary converter, but in the Termbases-folder of MultiTerm only appears an xdt-file, and when I want to create a new Terminologiedatenbank in MultiTerm, nothing appears in the Termbases-folder. What could I have done wrong or what could be the problem? Thanks for helping me.

emoji
Parents
  •   

I don't really understand what you mean by the folders since the converted file should appear in the same folder as the XLS.  You should also get an XML as well as the XDT.

If you are getting a definition file (XDT) then you presumably asked for this approach rather than convert directly to SDLTB?

In terms of what you did wrong... very hard to know.  Maybe you didn't convert the file correctly or the XLS was not provided in a format that made it possible to convert?  We definitely need more information to help you with this one.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  •   

I don't really understand what you mean by the folders since the converted file should appear in the same folder as the XLS.  You should also get an XML as well as the XDT.

If you are getting a definition file (XDT) then you presumably asked for this approach rather than convert directly to SDLTB?

In terms of what you did wrong... very hard to know.  Maybe you didn't convert the file correctly or the XLS was not provided in a format that made it possible to convert?  We definitely need more information to help you with this one.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children
No Data